Thread: shifter karts

shifter karts

Does anyone race or ride with shifter karts. I would like to try a different motorsport. I need an adrenaline rush. I know thats what got me in the chair in the first place. It does not stop me from needing that type of freedom rush.
    Feelin good is good enough!

You and me both. Only thing is around here, there isn't anywhere really to race a shifter kart. All we have is dirt ovals, which in my opinion are way better anyways... I have a real close friend who just won 2 national championships this year in the IKF, but I think that karting is kinda dying. Its not as near as popular as it was 6-7 years ago when I was running a kart in the Junior divisions...

I'm going to start truck pulling next year, and maybe me and my neighbor will be running a 2-man cruiser car every wkd at the race track...I guess we'll see how it goes
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

My husband just started racing some kind of karts (Uhh, I should pay more attention?) He knows a guy that's a para that races them as well, he's named Roy Schellengerger. Husband's ab btw...He has to drive a long ways to race, it was 300 miles into KS this weekend.

Thats a speedway kart. They get some serious speed!
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

You can also look at these... http://www.drakart.com/tornado.html

A 760 lb buggy with a 190 hp Hyabusa engine. If this doesn't get your adrenaline going nothing will.

Or you could also consider these... http://users.cyberzane.net/rforker/GTHomepage.htm

As you can see I'm from the old school where too much is just enough...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

Gobig- I'm getting into racing karts as well I need my speed again we are designing a kart for me to race. Either a shifter or a automatic. I have a friend in Tx thats adapting his for me to try. Its a automatic. Another friend here in fl has a shifter but with my function its pretty hard to run.
    Steve
    C5-6 Feb 05

This looks way more fun than a asphalt kart....LOL

2- Yamaha KT-100s motors, direct drive
    T8/9 (2-24-06)
    IOWA

No racing!

I would prefer an open track with no traffic. Going fast would be fun. Holly Crap would be too fast. Remember I am a t-12, don't wanna be a c-5.
    Feelin good is good enough!

MotoRacer598...Moe i guess strapping yourself into a superkart is safe in your eyes I mean theres no roll cage. You are aware people get killed or break their necks in them. Find it funny how you preach to ricky then post this.
    Tell me Moto can you distinguish the difference between driving a car and backflipping one? If so, you have the ability to comprehend my point with Ricky. If not, you'll continue wonder how myself and many others approach things from a sensible persective.

Myself, I would make an aero rollbar for the SuperKart and be belted into it. I know a few paras that race shifters and they belt themselves into them without the benefit of a rollbar. Even that is safer than what Ricky is doing.

Yes I am aware people are killed and seriously injured in them (SuperKarts) but this is a far more rare instance than is in motocross so the likelihood is much lower making the risk a more sensible one than a para wrestling crocodiles or backflipping motorcycles.
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson