Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Was in a Colours then in a TiLite Quickie now am thinking about a ZRA

Was in a Colours then in a TiLite Quickie now am thinking about a ZRA

I have read a lot of the post but I can't make my mind up on what chair to get. I have been in the two but am wondering about the ZRA. It's real adjustable. I have got to get another because unfortunately I have gained weight. I am in a 15 in. now so do I need 16 or 17 OMG It's terrible to gain wt. The ZRA looks just like a Quickie TiLite. Does anyone know the difference between the two?
    Mary
    I want to Rock you Gypsy soul and together we will flow into the Mystic.
    Van Morrison

Rochester NY... Seen them all... Worked at U of R. Strong Hospltli
    Hey Mary,

Will offer my insight about the ZRA for you, as seeing no one has wheeled up to help out. :P

Goodness your a tiny thing... LOL I am using a 18 TiLite ZRA.

The one thing my bro-in-law stated to me was that the ZRA seemed to have a slight difference in how it rolled as you pushed to go foward. Other than that he loves the ZRA. His buddy has the quicky, and suggested I try that... But, I had, and it did not ride as smooth for my needs.

But, the thing you want to do is locate a DME who will loan you a delaer demo ZRA for two weeks to a one month. Mainly so you can adjust to using, and living with it. My local DME loaned me a dealer demo ZRA now for over 2 months as I waited for my insurance to approve my new ZRA.

Good luck mary on wheels...
    Wheelman
    Kite
    Riding Proud!
    The Proactive Patient & Advocate
    Never give up trying. Never.

I think it depends upon which Quickie you are talking about. The Quickie Ti uses I believe one inch tubing, which, if you have bad spasms like me, makes the front of the chair flex an awful lot. The Quickie GTI is made like the Quickie GT and uses the same diameter tubing as a Quickie GT. I decided not to go with the Quickie GTI because when I was getting a new chair, it had just come out, and I did not know what bugs it had with the design, so I went with the Ti Lite ZRc.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

zra vs quickie ti

Hi, i have been in the zra for just under one year and think its the best chair i've had in my 15 years in them. I tried the quickie ti and didnt care for it. It seemed clunky to me and definitely not as smooth a ride. I'm thinking about going to a TR by tilite. Going to try one this week hopefully. Try one out, i think you'll love it!

imo, quickies are junk
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps
    imo, quickies are junk
    Thats why i got a Colours

I just got a ZRA and really like it.

Quote Originally Posted by canchess
    Hi, i have been in the zra for just under one year and think its the best chair i've had in my 15 years in them. I tried the quickie ti and didnt care for it. It seemed clunky to me and definitely not as smooth a ride. I'm thinking about going to a TR by tilite. Going to try one this week hopefully. Try one out, i think you'll love it!
    Hey you had a Colours listed on ebay didn't you? Welcome to cc
    Embrace uncertainty. Hard problems rarely have easy solutions. Jonah Lehrer

i have a new zr. great chair but i like my colours razor better
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Rochester NY... Seen them all... Worked at U of R. Strong Hospltli
    Oh, spasm control... Sheesh well for my needs I require smooth as silk ride as much as possible, otherwise certian or rather many vibrations set me off... Then well you know, it leaves you non functional...

If your worried about the ZRa being strong and solid, I weigh in at just over 225lbs and due to my SI Joint dysfunction I am able to still with help of crutches or an assistant, stand, and or sit... When I go to sit I reach a point that I need to just drop, and fall into the seat. The ZRa catches me with out a hint of give, flex or anything. I have had to pump the tires up a few times in the two months I have used the demo model... Maybe I am squishing the air out of them...

But, that almost silly looking frame (to me) supports the punishment I put it through...

Also, if you do not have or not aware of the ride difference using Spinergy wheels Spox see if you can try them with the ZRa at your DME. They do not provide any more efficient means to propel yourself than other lightweight metal spoked rims... But, the comfort level is out of this world better, at least I thought it was. I took that I was not in pain, and spasm after using them as they being more efficient... Nope, they are just in my mind the most comfy riding wheels ever made, out of the other types I tried.

The ZRa frame does act is a sort of independent suspension like on a car, as the left or right caster, or rear wheel go over uneven surfaces the "H" bar just under the seat allows the frame to twist ever so, so that a front caster can be a little higher than the other... It is an odd feeling if not used to this type of flex. The 1/25 inch main tube frame does not flex. Not even when I drop sit into the ZRa I am guessing the force is around a good 300 plus pounds as I free fal into it from about eight to twelve inches above the seat...

I found that for me I need to have a solid seat pan, as the fabric stretched on me. I had tightened the seat fabric so tight I placed a minor, temporary twist/warp across the "H" bar creating the effect of one caster being about half an inch off the floor when I am not seated in it. The fabric was drum tight, and after ten minutes it had stretched under the knees, and the seat area, when I get off and check for tightness, it is still drum tight... The areas stretched out can not be pulled any tighter.

If you have a solid seat pan now, then you will know this. For me, it is my first and for anyone else... A solid seat pan will remove that twisting/flex, not sag, or stretch out, and is virually problem free as far as needing any attention and care...

Kite
    Riding Proud!
    The Proactive Patient & Advocate
    Never give up trying. Never.