Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: why they dont cure us?

why they dont cure us?

why they dont cure us [sci]?let me know please.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

They will....eventually.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

Quote Originally Posted by GoTWHeeLs
    They will....eventually.
    when my friend?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

When we demand it.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

We Gotta Fight For This..... Fuck They....... Because Its Not Their Proublem Its Ours. So If We Want Our Lives Back What Are We Will To Do To Get It Back? I Call On God A While Ago And Left A Message But I Guess He Didnt Get A Chance To Check His Voice Mail So I Guess I Gotta Call Somebody Elese His First Name Start With A ''s'' And His Last Name End With And ''l'' . Dam I Wonder Who Can That Be.........oh Shit Stem Cell......
    We Need To Fight For This Shit.....lets Unite As One And Show The World The Only Thing That Is Ment To Be On 4 Wheels Is Bmw's And A Mercedes Benz...............walk Or Die In Them Wheelchairs

"we" aren't the only thing out there. in my local paper they've been following an 11 yr old girl's fight with cancer (neuroblastoma). she lost her 4 yr fight last Friday. i read stuff like that and hope for a cure for them.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._gloria22.html

Money and Science Adi - luckily the 2 are surmountable

Quote Originally Posted by cass
    "we" aren't the only thing out there. in my local paper they've been following an 11 yr old girl's fight with cancer (neuroblastoma). she lost her 4 yr fight last Friday. i read stuff like that and hope for a cure for them.

http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/htm..._gloria22.html
    Agreed and in this day and age luckily all manner of ailments are being addressed, given time. I also don't think a 4yr old should have to endure a childhood and his/her age of innocence as a wheelchair user either.

I know one guy from rehab who equates SCI to terminal cancer. Slowly eating away at the mind, body and soul - a prolonged death sentence. We will be blown away in the coming years with the capacity of human ability to stick two fingers up to many currently incurable diseases and injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    Money and Science Adi - luckily the 2 are surmountable
    Money and science are both there. It's the politics/politicians that are keeping the progress from egniting.

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    I know one guy from rehab who equates SCI to terminal cancer. Slowly eating away at the mind, body and soul - a prolonged death sentence. We will be blown away in the coming years with the capacity of human ability to stick two fingers up to many currently incurable diseases and injuries.
    I'd agree. Dying shortly after having an amazing quality of life is far better than living a life of mediocrity and dying slowly. It's often said you have one life to live so live it, if that be so why not lament if your one life falls short of the glory you imagined?

I often think of my cousin who became a quadriplegic in the 70s. I examine his life and consider the life of someone like Madonna and I think how dreadfully sad one was confined to bed and dependence on others with no ability of his own and then the incredible life of Madonna: beauty, intelligence, an intriguing personality, fame, fortune, and a mark on history. If you consider the two, you'd be tempted to think that my cousin would have been better never being born. Sadly, the decades in his condition has taken its toll on his mind. He wasn't very educated prior to injury and living in the countryside, he's been even more secluded. Many of the stories he tells me and others are very hard to believe because they're so outrageous. My theory is that his stories are the imaginations of his vicarious life.