Page 29 of 37 FirstFirst ... 19202122232425262728293031323334353637 LastLast
Results 281 to 290 of 366

Thread: Any orthodox Jewish people here?

  1. #281
    Quote Originally Posted by cheesecake
    No, I actually did mean secular. I believe we only find true peace in the world when we learn to accept and live amongst others of varoius belief systems. NYC is as diverse as they come. If you choose to stay in your Orthodox community, I hope you are able to take what you have learned and grow from it.
    The learning never stops really. Everyday I learn something new when I study the Gemara or the Torah. A single life time is not enough time to learn it all. Perhaps that is why Jewish people believe in the reincarnation of Jewish souls..

  2. #282
    Sean,


    Maybe you don't believe the New Testament but the way I understand it, the old covenant was a heart of stone of sort and the resurrection of God was a heart of flesh covenant. Believe it or not but Christians view both the old (stone) and new (fleshy) covenants as one in the same. The new testament even says we are all Jew who believe in Jesus. So technically, we Christians are begotten from the Jewish laws, therefore we are circumcised of the heart and are converted into the Jewish lineage or maybe the seed of Christ. Whatever.

  3. #283
    Quote Originally Posted by Adino
    Sean,


    Maybe you don't believe the New Testament but the way I understand it, the old covenant was a heart of stone of sort and the resurrection of God was a heart of flesh covenant. Believe it or not but Christians view both the old (stone) and new (fleshy) covenants as one in the same. The new testament even says we are all Jew who believe in Jesus. So technically, we Christians are begotten from the Jewish laws, therefore we are circumcised of the heart and are converted into the Jewish lineage or maybe the seed of Christ. Whatever.
    I thought there was a Christian thread for this . Adino, I really appreciate what you are trying to do. It is refreshing to see somebody so filled with faith that they go out of their way to help another person achieve salvation. But I am never - ever - ever - ever going to accept Jesus Christ as G-d. Never. Nothing you can say will make that happen. I simply do not have that option as a Jewish person to throw off the covenant and discard the laws of the Torah in favor of belief in Christ.

    I'd like to say again that I think Christianity and Islam are very good religions for goyim because it helps them to keep the 7 Noachide laws and to serve G-d by helping the poor and encouraging prayer. But I'm not a goy and therefore these religions are not options for me.

    Thanks,
    Sean

  4. #284
    Sean,

    I am not trying to convert you. You have the law so you will die by it. I am only stating how Christians are all races by inheritance. I am as much Jew as you if I believe in Jesus.

  5. #285
    Quote Originally Posted by Adino
    Sean,

    I am not trying to convert you. You have the law so you will die by it. I am only stating how Christians are all races by inheritance. I am as much Jew as you if I believe in Jesus.
    Wow there are a lot of non-Orthodox Jews here.
    Daniel

  6. #286
    Quote Originally Posted by dan_nc
    Wow there are a lot of non-Orthodox Jews here.
    hahahaha, Dan.

    Sean,

    I am not trying to convert you. You have the law so you will die by it. I am only stating how Christians are all races by inheritance. I am as much Jew as you if I believe in Jesus.
    I'm responding to you on the christian thread.

  7. #287
    Senior Member dogger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Mitchell , Qld. Australia
    Posts
    2,239
    Please attack the idea not the person or this thread will be locked .
    Thank you ,
    Dogger
    Every day I wake up is a good one .

  8. #288
    Ok ok, what if I LOVE Barbara Streisand, have seen "Schindler's List" like, five times and two of my doctors are Jewish?

    Am I slightly less goy?
    And the truth shall set you free.

  9. #289
    Quote Originally Posted by NoDecafPlz
    Ok ok, what if I LOVE Barbara Streisand, have seen "Schindler's List" like, five times and two of my doctors are Jewish?

    Am I slightly less goy?
    LOL. Thanks for bringing such much needed humor to the thread. I'll consider you less goy if you admit to crying to Schindler's List.

  10. #290
    Quote Originally Posted by hardluckhitshome
    LOL. Thanks for bringing such much needed humor to the thread. I'll consider you less goy if you admit to crying to Schindler's List.
    How could you not?

    The parents running after the kids on the train - just too much.
    And the truth shall set you free.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 632
    Last Post: 10-14-2013, 06:11 PM
  2. The vent thread
    By mimin in forum Life
    Replies: 122
    Last Post: 10-01-2011, 06:20 AM
  3. 4 AP
    By sci-co-pilot in forum Cure
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-02-2003, 04:28 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •