Thread: Hello

Hello

Hello everyone my name is Denisse and I am the mother of 3yr old girl with cerebral palsy, my husband and I are getting ready to travel to Cologne, Germany to find out about xcell-stem does anybody have tried them before?
    Thanks

I don't know anything about stem cells and CP, but I wish you a good trip and let us know what you found out on your return.

As a parent and SCI sufferer I can empathize with your situation. I would swim the oceans of the world to find an effective treatment for my child. Never give up hope. I wish you the very best and good luck in your journeys...
    "Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty." ~ Thomas Jefferson

lud, cc member is from cologne, ask him.

Quote Originally Posted by alexas mom
    Hello everyone my name is Denisse and I am the mother of 3yr old girl with cerebral palsy, my husband and I are getting ready to travel to Cologne, Germany to find out about xcell-stem does anybody have tried them before?
    Thanks
    Alexas,

I don't think that there is credible evidence yet that adult cell therapies restore or improve function in cerebral palsy. While there have been some animal studies suggesting that CD34+ cells from bone marrow or from umbilical cord blood are beneficial for stroke models, it is not clear that they have a significant effect on cerebral palsy. A number of groups believe that umbilical cord blood cells or bone marrow stem cells would be useful for cerebral palsy but no rigorous studies have been carried out.

In addition to the question of efficacy for central nervous system disorders, there are unanswered questions whether the stem cells survive when transplanted in the brain or spinal cord, the best dose of the cells, and the extent to which the transplants should be supplemented by cytokines and other factors to improve the survival and function of transplanted cells. Note that the cells seem to be relatively safe for transplantation and has long been used for replacement of bone marrow in patients with hematopoeitic diseases.

Wise.