Thread: Socks 'could scar children's legs'

Socks 'could scar children's legs'

Socks 'could scar children's legs'

By Daily Telegraph reporter
    Last Updated: 2:30am BST 18/09/2007

Children could be left with scars from wearing socks that are too tight, experts warned yesterday.
    "Sock-line bands" are reddish, raised marks around the ankle or leg which can develop after wearing a tight pair of socks just once.
    The condition, noted in the British Journal of Dermatology, can also be caused by tight bands on the ends of trousers.The British Association of Dermatologists said the colour fades over time but children could be left with scars.
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nsocks118.xml

More reason to support this group and my agreement that kids should go barefoot, at least in almost every case.

www.unshod.org/pfbc
    C2/3 quad since February 20, 1985.

But what about athelete's foot, hookworm, bees, and dog poop?
    BeeBee

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    But what about athelete's foot, hookworm, bees, and dog poop?
    Review the site I referenced, but here are a couple direct links. Bees can attack any part of the body. If you're worried about them, don't go outside. Feces can be easily avoided, watch where you're walking, or rolling, or then grab sandals or flip flops in prone areas.

http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfathletes.htm
    http://www.unshod.org/pfbc/pfhookworm.htm

After my spinal cord injury, I've worn socks almost 100% of the time due to foot sensitivity and now hair doesn't grow on most of my ankles. Interesting way to lose hair for good.

I hear clothes can be hazardous too. I wonder who commissioned that study on socks?
    Daniel

Bees can attack any part of the body. If you're worried about them, don't go outside. Feces can be easily avoided, watch where you're walking, or rolling
    You say that, but it isn't that easy when you're playing kick ball barefoot in the neighbor's back yard. I speak from experience . As a kid, I took my shoes off the last day of school and didn't put them back on until school started when we were at home. Played barefoot all summer outside. Stepped on my share of bees, dog poop between your toes , and sticker bushes (small mowed thistles, common in the southern US where the grass isn't great). Missed hookworm, though.

Just messin' with you, TM. Didn't actually look at the links, just remembering the good old days (this could be referenced back to the thread on childhood obesity, we spent all day every day outside playing. Oh, and I have the skin to prove it. )
    BeeBee

Quote Originally Posted by BeeBee
    Just messin' with you, TM.
    Not much left to mess with.