Thread: Can't see pictures

Can't see pictures

A friend brought a CD with a word file which had scanned pictures. But when I try to open the file a blank file opens and it says you need quick time and a tiff decompressor to view the pictures. My friends computer is a mac which has windows xp. He needs the printouts so is there anyway I can open the file and get it.

what is the file extension? Is it a .doc? Cause you'd need a program that reads them, such as word or OpenOffice, i believe.

As from what you wrote, they aren't pictures anymore, but a word processer file.

Its a word document and I have microsoft office word 2003. The text in the document can be read but the pictures don't show. Is it because my friend's computer is a mac?

Hi,

when your friend is saving the document,
    you should ask him to save in an initial win format.

( in "save as" mode, he should have different choice, & need to chose the right one. )

Regards

Thanks Himself. I'll tell my friend to try that.

A spammer for an adult site said: Install Quicktime.

http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

Watch out on apple d/l's.

Frick'n Itunes installs 3 other programs, and runs 4 extra processes!

I think it's all how it was saved too, but my recent Mac experiences is very limited, and Mac office is even less, Zero to be honest.

Blog Entries
    just go remove the file that is listed in processes, the helper, ipod and other junk. I always do. I just use it to rip and play mp3s and for format conversions doesn't affect anything unless ya wanna use an ipod. Too expensive for me, I use WAY cheaper alternatives, got a 4gig player on the way to replace my 1gig now. It uses Samsung flash memory and is 4th gen, only one guy selling them so far on ebay.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Watch out on apple d/l's.

Frick'n Itunes installs 3 other programs, and runs 4 extra processes!

I think it's all how it was saved too, but my recent Mac experiences is very limited, and Mac office is even less, Zero to be honest.