Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Better sticky keys?

Smile Better sticky keys?

I want to know if anyone knows of any sticky keys software other than the ones that comes with a windows pc or mac. I want many sticky keys not just the control, alt, delete and shift key. I need one to hold down the space bar.

Duct tape?

What are you requiring to hold the spacebar for? Knowing this, might help with different ways to do it.

I need to find a sticky key program that will still be active when a run Madden NFL 08. Because Madden disables the sticky keys in Windows XP, which that just really chaps me.
    Cripp

Ever thought about voice?

I use Voice Buddy to play my games, and can add custom key combo's to commands.

My big peeve is the lack of right click mouse drag.

Quote Originally Posted by Patonb
    Duct tape?

What are you requiring to hold the spacebar for? Knowing this, might help with different ways to do it.

I need the space bar to work on photoshop and illustrator. It shouldn't matter which program i'm using it should just work on all programs.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerRoller
    I need the space bar to work on photoshop and illustrator. It shouldn't matter which program i'm using it should just work on all programs.
    No it shouldn't, but if it were for gaming, going voice software would be the better way. And VR isn't the right option for PS.

Have you looked at custum macro programs? I've seen some on downloads.com, that might work. Basically you set up a key combo that does something..

I'll recheck for them.

Look at these..

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....tkeys&tag=srch
    Last edited by Patonb; 09-22-2007 at 08:09 PM.

No it shouldn't, but if it were for gaming, going voice software would be the better way. And VR isn't the right option for PS.

Have you looked at custum macro programs? I've seen some on downloads.com, that might work. Basically you set up a key combo that does something..

I'll recheck for them.

Look at these..

http://www.download.com/3120-20_4-0....tkeys&tag=srch

thanks for the suggestion I tried some of the hot keys but none of them worked.

Does anyone else have any other ideas.

Ever thought about voice?

I use Voice Buddy to play my games, and can add custom key combo's to commands.

My big peeve is the lack of right click mouse drag.
    Oh yes I do use voice buddy and game commander. Madden NFL cuts both of them off, the program is designed to disable any voice software and keyboard software because I've even tried the hotkey shortcut programs, and it disables those to.

Also, here's another one for you. Voice that he does not pick up the game civilizations IV or Madden. That's why I have used game commander ffor civilizations
    Cripp

Cripp, I play Battlefeilds and NWN, but they're both supported.

Ever try Dragon? Hmmmmmmmmmm.

I mainly combat flight sim Lock On: Modern Air Combat/Flaming Cliffs v.1.12b. To refuel an aircraft you need to hold down the Ctrl+R keys and that's a PITA... it takes about 6 minutes to refuel the Su-25T. So I remapped the keys to Alt+Spacebar and put the handle of a 1 pound clawhammer between the 2 keys and all is well with the world. My favorite tool, the Hammer!

For some reason the sim won't allow to me use any keys that I want... I don't know why, but Alt+Spacebar works fine.

I also use a voice recognition program, a free one called Shoot 1.6.4 but can't figure out a way to make it hold down a key, let alone 2 at once. It has PTT (Press To Talk) or it can be written to in effect hold down the PTT key so that the voice recognition is always on. But that seems to be a special function just for the ability to PTT or to have it in the always-open mic mode. It's written in XML so isn't very user friendly.

If it anyone wants to try it or just screw around with it to see if they can kick it into submission, it can be downloaded HERE and read about it. I searched the forums there and no one addresses the issue. You need 2 other free MS programs installed first, MS .NET Framework and the MS' free speech program that are both linked at the Shoot website. Don't use the auto install version... it wouldn't work for me. Just install MS .NET Framework v 1.1 or 2.0 then the MS Speech program. Then open the small, free-standing (doesn't install) Shoot 1.6.4 program. To edit the XML files you can use Peter's XML editor. Just Google for it... click on its Tree button on the bottom left to most easily edit.

The program works great for gaming and flight simming.

Bob.
    "Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle." - Philo of Alexandria