Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: did you know...

did you know...

the wealthiest country in human history will not pay the one time $1billion to cure paralysis caused by sci.

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    the wealthiest country in human history will not pay the one time $1billion to cure paralysis caused by sci.
    why not?......is too much?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Do you want to pay more tax
    TH 12, 43 years post

I think about that all the time. What is money? At sums like 1b it isn't even real, someone could put it up. It infuriates me that a cure is a reality, but we have to grovel and beg congress for scraps. The human heart is seriously misaligned.

Quote Originally Posted by alpentalic
    I think about that all the time. What is money? At sums like 1b it isn't even real, someone could put it up. It infuriates me that a cure is a reality, but we have to grovel and beg congress for scraps. The human heart is seriously misaligned.
    not just congress. the fortune 400 list came out the other day. this list is the 400 riches ppl in the usa. if i had $1 billion, i would not make the list. add up all the money from this group, easily over $1 trillion.

Quote Originally Posted by Le Type Fran├žais
    And your point?
    todd are you are really that stupid? if so, ignore this thread. my point is clear to those who count. those who no longer willing to accept sci as their fate.

We can't, all our credit cards are maxed out. Maybe we should ask China to extend our credit limit.

Quote Originally Posted by Zero
    We can't, all our credit cards are maxed out. Maybe we should ask China to extend our credit limit.
    they have to care first. the sci community needs to get this Gilligan "they will rescue us" mentallity out of our heads. nobody cares about us. the Everett story proved that.

they have to care first. the sci community needs to get this Gilligan "they will rescue us" mentallity out of our heads. nobody cares about us. the Everett story proved that.
    If "nobody cares," who do we send the billion dollars to to help us? The researchers, I believe are doing the best they can with the resources they have to help find a cure. We just need to be patient. We are not the only ones who are in need. I understand your frustration though.