Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cracking noises from wheelchair

cracking noises from wheelchair

I've noticed for the past 2 weeks that my Quickie GP chair has been making cracking noises evertime I'm pushing the wheels.
    My friend and I have checked all the spokes, put Tri-Flow on the quick release axle, and put air in the tires, but it still keeps making that noise.

My friend told me that it might be because I don't have any camber on the wheels, and that this chair was designed for camber. Does this have anything to do with it? We've done everything in the users manual we can find to remedy the problem, but it still keeps making that noise. What else should we do to get that cracking noise to stop?

Jessie

Bikes don't have camber. Wheel bearings maybe.

Are the bolts which hold the axle plate to the frame secure? The creaking sound might be caused by slop between the plastic coved washers, the axle plate, and the frame. If the coved washers are not firmly held between the axle plate and the frame, the resulting flex could cause rubbing against the threads on the bolts passing through them.

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    haha quadvet you made me to remember a funny story regarding wheel bearings and highways tolls in usa.i was ab i just opened my own buisness [construction ,hardwood floors]and a friend from romania emmigrated to usa ,i helped him to get a job .he never was on a highway in usa...the noise before entering the toll[the road bumps]made him to jump and to scream ...guys the wheel bearings are broken....hehe we peed our pants.
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    haha quadvet you made me to remember a funny story regarding wheel bearings and highways tolls in usa.i was ab i just opened my own buisness [construction ,hardwood floors]and a friend from romania emmigrated to usa ,i helped him to get a job .he never was on a highway in usa...the noise before entering the toll[the road bumps]made him to jump and to scream ...guys the wheel bearings are broken....hehe we peed our pants.
    Adi, I came to a tollbooth on a road one time [New Jersey] and was like wtf?! Never heard of a toll road before that.

SCI_OTR makes a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    What I mean is camber is not a requirement.

My Kuschall Airlite does the same thing jessie. They're comming to fix it tommorow, ill let you know what they figure out.
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

He said its because im fat. LMAO. He said its because i've outgrown my chair, but I think thats because he couldn't find anything else to suggest an explanation. I've put on 20 lbs. in a year. I weigh nearly 240, is that to much for a year old Kuschall AirLite?
    Say what you mean and mean what you say because those who mind dont matter and those who matter dont mind.

My Myspace

HaHa....

My Myspace