Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wheelchair cushions

Wheelchair cushions

Hey everyone!
    I wanted to let you know that we have come across several cushions that we do not have a use for. Knowing that these are expensive, yet VERY important items, we are looking for a good home for them.

Roho Hi Profile 18” x 18” (10 x 10 cells) w/cover
    Roho Hi Profile 16” x 16” (9 x 9 cells) w/cover
    Roho Low Profile 16” x 18” (9 x 10 cells) no cover

Please let me know if you are interested....

Michele Brock
    mbrock@sci-step.com
    www.sci-step.com
    Last edited by michele b; 08-22-2007 at 10:34 AM.

I would love the 16x16 roho hi! are you selling them?

Selling or donating? If you are donating, I have a friend in Brazil who can distribute these to people in Brazil with SCI who are unable to get good cushions like these. I can arrange shipping.

(KLD)

Blog Entries
    Just saw this and emailed you about the 16x16's
    John

Quote Originally Posted by michele b
    Hey everyone!
    I wanted to let you know that we have come across several cushions that we do not have a use for. Knowing that these are expensive, yet VERY important items, we are looking for a good home for them.

Roho Hi Profile 18” x 18” (10 x 10 cells) w/cover
    Roho Hi Profile 16” x 16” (9 x 9 cells) w/cover
    Roho Low Profile 16” x 18” (9 x 10 cells) no cover
    Star Hi Profile 16” x 16” (9 x 9 cells) no cover

Please let me know if you are interested....

Michele Brock
    mbrock@sci-step.com
    www.sci-step.com

I'm interested in the 18x18 one. Do you still have it?

Jessie

Yes, we still have one 18x18 left!

Blog Entries
    Hey Michele,
    I received my cushion yesterday. Fits the chair great. I put it inside a pillowcase, been using them on rohos for years, set the inflation level and used it all day, no problems.
    Love it, seems to be a different, tougher material than rohos, the patches are definitely better/stronger than those given by roho.
    I'm tickled pink, nice to be using a cushion that doesn't have patches and is over 5 years old, lol. I made my last trip to the wound care doc yesterday also. The wound is fine, had reabsorbed the fluid and he said no return necessary. I told him a cushion was on the way from you folks and the circumstances, and he said great people. I'll have to agree!
    I sure appreciate your generosity, Anne sent a card and some freebies also. Thanks to you both VERY much,
    John

John,
    Our pleasure! We are glad that you could benefit from it!
    Keep in touch!
    Michele

Quote Originally Posted by CapnGimp
    Hey Michele,
    I received my cushion yesterday. Fits the chair great. I put it inside a pillowcase, been using them on rohos for years, set the inflation level and used it all day, no problems.
    John, I hope that's a stretchy pillowcase?

Blog Entries
    Noper, it's a regular cotton one. The idea for me is to PREVENT stretch- so it doesn't rub my wheels. I started using pillowcases years ago. They keep out the sawdust and metal shavings from all the junk I do. You can machine wash them with no worries, etc. Just plain old tougher. And they are cheap at wally whirled, not 40 bucks and last forever, lol.
    I have found that a king size works best, you tuck the excess inside at the bottom neatly and it overlaps the edges enough to 'lock' the cover so it doesn't allow the cushion to slide out and over expand, causing you to bottom out.
    I DID buy zippers a few years ago to cut the cases and sew zippers on the back side so I would not have to worry about all that tucking and checking after a transfer and throughout the day, but I have never got around to it. I DO plan on taking it to someone with a sewing machine in a week or so, and getting them altered. It gets old worrying about the tuck slipping some and allowing bottom-out.
    I know your concern is primarily about safety related stretch. I have NEVER had a problem with them in that respect. I was reluctant to try it at first. I started with t-shirts at the beach when I tore my roho cover. They worked fine except the arm holes allowed pop out and I had to over inflate to compensate, to prevent bottom-out. Then I used stretchy tie-dye cases I had at home for a while....bottom-out became a problem. So I op-checked the cotton cases for a few hours one day, coming inside and admiring my non-existant butt, over increasing amounts of time... no problemo. So I KNOW it works, since about 2002. It is nice to change up the color-design occasionaly, I'm SUCH a fashion ho
    Just adjust them the regular way, about3/4 to 1 inch clearance under your lowest point.

Hey, did you see Nacho Libre? These are my recreation clothes(stretchy pants)