Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: i feel old

i feel old

after my injury i feel old and ....alehluyaa ...[pain ,spasms ,useless ,etc.]...kaput....
    can you explain me why?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Because you're stuck in your house all day in front of a computer, dwelling too much on what you used to have, like an old man reminiscing. Been there, done that, moved on. Find something that'll light a fire under your ass.

Quote Originally Posted by christopher
    Because you're stuck in your house all day in front of a computer, dwelling too much on what you used to have, like an old man reminiscing. Been there, done that, moved on. Find something that'll light a fire under your ass.
    how often do you go out?
    • Dum spiro, spero.

About 3x a day. I get my cc fix in 10 minute intervals throughout the day.

I do wish you'd find a 'routine' adi ... whether it's 2hrs of physical therapy a day or a volunteer position or classes somewhere.

I, for one, enjoy your posts! But it's obvious you crave more. You wouldn't feel 'as old' then. You're charming, handsome and have a good head on your shoulders ... somewhere there's a woman out there wondering where the heck you are.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer
    I do wish you'd find a 'routine' adi ... whether it's 2hrs of physical therapy a day or a volunteer position or classes somewhere.

I, for one, enjoy your posts! But it's obvious you crave more. You wouldn't feel 'as old' then. You're charming, handsome and have a good head on your shoulders ... somewhere there's a woman out there wondering where the heck you are.
    thank you for your kind words lynn.i must do something ...i feel like i am in a cage [since november last year i never was out]is hard to explain ....accesibility etc.sucks here in romania .
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Hi Adi, I go out everyday, even if it is just to my balcony to be able to take in the sky, clouds, and get a dose of sunshine. Mostly though I really go somewhere, even if it doing errands.....grocery shopping, cafe for coffee, bookstore, whatever. It lifts my mood to be among other people, and treating yourself to a nice cappucino doesn't hurt either!

tommorow i will ask my lazy family to take me out ,if is not to cold and windy.
    last year i used to fly from europe to usa 3 times ....this year ...agrrrrr......
    • Dum spiro, spero.

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer

I agree. Please take care Adi.

Quote Originally Posted by adi chicago
    thank you for your kind words lynn.i must do something ...i feel like i am in a cage [since november last year i never was out]is hard to explain ....accesibility etc.sucks here in romania .
    It's not hard to explain because we've all been there adi. The world is full of excuses. Can you get out of your house and roll 100 ft down a sidewalk? Start with that. Take all the time you need. Then come back. Make an effort to do a little more each day. A c6-c7 quad (which is what I am) should be totally capable of that. Are your triceps working?

About a month ago, I said 'screw this, I don't need my motor chair anymore'. It was hard at first, I took alot of breaks because this city is built on a hill. Then I started taking the city buses to help me get places. Sometimes the ramps don't work, sometimes the drivers are idiots, and I patiently wait for the next bus to come along. But there's always people willing to help (too much in fact), and since the ramp comes out in the middle of the bus, I never have to pass in front of the driver which means I never have to pay.

Now I'[m rolling about 3-5 miles every day. In one month I've noticed an enormous difference in my strength and stamina (although quitting smoking helped I'm sure). I've even watched my muscles grow. Mentally I figure I was always in as good a place as a quad can be, but now I feel unfuckingtouchable and it shows. I roll down the street with a smile and all of the pretty girls who live in my university neighbourhood are only too happy to smile right back.

I'm taking on more responsibilities in both the company I own, which is potentially taking off in an amazing direction, and the housing co-op I live in. That last one I gotta give a shout out to all my old cc chat honeys for teaching me alot about human nature and mediation.

So... Chick, November, Betheny, Lynnifer, Seneca, Carrie, Kristi, Chelle, Orangejello, Leschinski, that crazy Kerri woman and of course my number one bitch, Cspanos and many others I'm sure I've forgotten... thanks!

Enough about me. I'm just saying you can do it adi. Start by stop making excuses. Because if you're gonna act like an old man, living in the past, you're gonna feel like an old man.