Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: pain in the butt

I have neruopathic pain in all areas below my injury, but when I'm sitting in my chair, the pain it my butt gets far worse, especially after a few hours in the chiar. Transfering out of the chair into a reclining position usually helps a lot. I know it's not neuropathic pain alone, it seems like a combination of nerve pain and actual sitting-too-long pain. I'm sensory incomplete, BTW. I take neurontin, which helps with the legs but not as much for the butt.

Mine is worse as the weather is changing. Yesterday was a day of misery. Butt burning and hurting down to my knees. Today is better but still miserable. Who knows what tomorrow will bring.

pain sucks.....agrrrrrrr........when i cannot smile anymore i drink like a fish.[beer].cheers .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Mimin, I have a tv in the bedroom and let it play and hopefully get interested in something or so bored I fall asleep for a little while. I try to read till that's too uncomfortable. Not much else I can do, or I'll be keeping my husband awake too.

Back in the days when I was your age, I'd get up in the middle of the night and clean house when I could'nt sleep. Wish I could do that now.

We're having a beautiful day here today, hope ya'll are too.

has anyone tried oxycontin for the pain or a little ? i think that's my next step

mimin everyone is diffrent i tried oxycontin once and thought that i will die ...i saw black in front of my eyes [loss of breath ,etc] ...i avoid narcotics since that incident.
    • Dum spiro, spero.

ouch adi, i would freak out!

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    has anyone tried oxycontin for the pain or a little ? i think that's my next step
    I take 15 mg slow release morphine for pain. Long story short, I'm told my doctor can't prescribe OxyContin because of all the knucklehead abusers. The biggest thing about narcotics for me is the constipation factor, so I tend to hold off more than I should. On the other hand if I wait until the pain gets too bad, the morphine does very little.

I also take 1200 mg of Neurontin 3 times a day. Have you tried that yet? My doctor had me try taking that dosage 4 times a day, but it was a hassle spacing it out over the course of a day without much difference in pain levels. If I don't take it though the pain is much much worse. So either it does something, or I'm hooked on it.

I'm not sure how well pot will ease your pain, but it should help get your mind off it anyway. It's been awhile for me. Sometimes it would make me anxious and I'd have to remind myself, "Everything is cool. You're just a little stoned right now...", until I came back down a notch or two. I wish the FDA would approve Sativex, but I'm not holding my breath.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by mimin
    Does marijuana affect your neuropathic pain

Quote Originally Posted by quadvet
    i never tried in my life ...if helps i will try ,but i dont think that marijuana helps regarding neuropain..i smoke marlboro only.[a pack a day].
    • Dum spiro, spero.