Thread: Parking space abuse

Parking space abuse

Is it possible to report people we suspect are abusing the use of hang tags? There's a woman at my apartment who claims she has back pain but is obviously bs given things I've seen her carry. Can I have her case looked at or reconsidered by the DMV?

Quote Originally Posted by JCampbell
    Is it possible to report people we suspect are abusing the use of hang tags? There's a woman at my apartment who claims she has back pain but is obviously bs given things I've seen her carry. Can I have her case looked at or reconsidered by the DMV?
    Does this person have a parking placard? If so, what you are advocating is that the state look into her medical records at your behest. You want to violate her privacy because she doesn't look crippled enough to your oh-so educated eye. Did you vote for Bush?

C.

TR,
    People abusing HC parking with and/or without the placard is a fact. Are you saying if someone has a placard, they should be left alone? If someone who actually needs the HC spots or a family member doesn't bring it to the DMV's attention, who will? Also, the state was already had at least semi knowledge of her medical records to award the HC placard in the first place. In my state, Indiana, the placards have they name of the person it is for, however, I haven't heard of any LEO's checking IDs.

So, JCampbell, I would contact the DMV and check if there is a path you can take.

Anyone who can judge anothers medical condition from a distance would be a great asset to the medical community.

Quote Originally Posted by porchdog
    Anyone who can judge anothers medical condition from a distance would be a great asset to the medical community.
    Amen, Porchdog...

Quote Originally Posted by porchdog
    Isn't that what the Gov't does with some disability cases?

John Smith has a bad back and is receiving disability. The Gov't hires a PI to watch John and photographs him moving heaving objects and climbing a tree.
    The same should be done with HC placards. I know people have good days and bad days, but if you suspect someone is abusing the placards, you should be able to report them and have to give your own name as to keep people from abusing the check system.

A good place to start would be to actually do something about the people who use the HC parking, brazenly enough, without a plate or placard.

I can't see the authorities checking current holders if they won't/don't do something with the violators.

Hang Tags

What do you mean by hang tag? Here in Ireland you need to have a blue disabled parking badge for w/c bays, but they often get abused. I wrote to my local council about this situation

EDD,
    Here in America, we have three types of placards (maybe more between States). You can have a special license plate for your that is registered to that vehicle, then we have two types of placards you hang from your review mirror. A blue tag which is a permanent (renewable every 4 yrs) and a red tag for temporary disabilities.
    Hope this helps.