Page 1 of 21 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Now is an opportunity to act - paralyzed nfl player

Now is an opportunity to act - paralyzed nfl player

Today a NFL players suffered a sci. the commentators were so sad and humble. hey, why lay the he will be able to do anything he want bs on him. why the sad faces if he will be able to do anything he wants as a quad. get him up in his wheelchair and let him hit the field.

sorry for the sarcasm, but it is f-ed up that we have to wait until a well know person is hurt just to get some light on this misderable life style.

btw, if he lives and lets pray for him. i bet he won't have to live like us. his acute injury will be treated. this will be just the proof i needed to show
    all of you that we are getting left behind to die like this...
    Last edited by antiquity; 09-11-2007 at 12:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by DA
    btw, if he lives and lets pray for him. i bet he won't have to live like us. his acute injury will be treated. this will be just the proof i needed to show all of you that we are getting left behind to die like this...
    How will he be treated?

Dude was on special teams so i doubt he'll even be influencial enough to use as a sci figure head.

all of you that we are getting left behind to die like this...
    DA,

You sound bitter, no explanation needed, being trapped in a broken body sucks.

An opportunity to act on what? How will using this man's injury benefit us? I doubt it will speed science.

No one could possibly be as influential as Christopher Reeve, and
    look how far that got the research.

People just don't care who you are, or how bad you're hurt.

I hope he makes a full recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier

Yea, theres still the perception that "it aint that bad"...

Quote Originally Posted by Buck_Nastier

when cr was alive, the cure was very close if not ready...well partial cure. researchers were publically showing how they could grow 10,000 Axons across the injury and over 2 dozen millimeters on the other side. this was 4 years ago. cr dies then all of a sudden this research disappear. all of a sudden only esc is the only cure. all of a sudden we are pre-1991 technology. all of a sudden chronic needs to wait in line behind acute treatments.

when cr was alive, the cure was very close if not ready...well partial cure. researchers were publically showing how they could grow 10,000 Axons across the injury and over 2 dozen millimeters on the other side. this was 4 years ago. cr dies then all of a sudden this research disappear. all of a sudden only esc is the only cure. all of a sudden we are pre-1991 technology. all of a sudden chronic needs to wait in line behind acute treatments.
    When you bring that point up to researchers what do they say?

Remember Houston Texans safety Leomont Evans. I don't remember hearing anything further to his recovery. Anyone know?

http://www.cbc.ca/sports/story/2002/...eckinjury.html

Quote Originally Posted by Eric.S
    Yea, theres still the perception that "it aint that bad"...
    Oh, please. I only wish there was more of that. I got tired of people assuming that my life sucked a long time ago. I've spent ages educating people that life with a SCI isn't the end of the freakin' world. For the first two decades, I didn't even know any gimps who would disgree with that. Imagine my surprise when I came here.

The general public is plenty aware of how bad a SCI sux. Nobody will hear about this injury and think that it is anything less than the devastating turn of events that it is. I hope that this man recovers quickly and completely. My best to him and his family and friends.

C.