Thread: I believe all the science...

I believe all the science...

... so where does my faith come from? I am thrilled to watch science discover more and more about our universe, from the galaxies to the atoms. There is no question that evolution is a fact and the idea that different species of humanoids were on the earth concurrently is nothing short of breathtaking.

On the other hand, I have been able to take the fact that I am paralyzed from the shoulders down and lay it in the hands of the being that is my God.

Why is my faith so strong? Is that my brain's defense mechanism to all the bad things in the world?

Quote Originally Posted by Acarson
    ... so where does my faith come from? I am thrilled to watch science discover more and more about our universe, from the galaxies to the atoms. There is no question that evolution is a fact and the idea that different species of humanoids were on the earth concurrently is nothing short of breathtaking.

On the other hand, I have been able to take the fact that I am paralyzed from the shoulders down and lay it in the hands of the being that is my God.

Why is my faith so strong? Is that my brain's defense mechanism to all the bad things in the world?
    "...my brain's.." isn't the descriptive here but the totality of your persona, yes. If it works for you, as it does for a large proportion of human populations, and you're comfortable enough with it you'll continue as you are.

It doesn't work for me.
    Last edited by Juke_spin; 09-10-2007 at 03:48 AM.
    "The world will not perish for want of wonders but for want of wonder."
    J.B.S.Haldane