Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hospitals or Doctors who specialize in HO surgery?

It's hard for me to even get to sitting position in my chair. The pain is pretty severe.

did u have your ho surgery yet ? how did it go ? and where did you have it done? I HAVE HO REAL BAD AND HAD SURGERY AND IT CAME BACK DOUBLE THE SIZE IT WAS AND REAL NEED TO FIND ANOTHER DOC TO REDO IT SO I CAN DO THE REBOTIK DEVICE THAT JUST CAME OUT CANT DO IT WITH HO LET ME KNOW MY NAME IS SANTO I LIVE IN PA THANKS GOD BLESS

I haven't had the surgery yet

Sorry, I thought lynnifer was looking a doctor! ;=)
    "Would you rather reduce deficits and interest rates by raising revenue from those who are not now paying their fair share, or would you rather accept larger budget deficits, higher interest rates, and higher unemployment? And I think I know your answer." Ronald Reagan"

thanks colin keep me posted

I have an appointment for Tuesday to do 4 ct scans and then anOther visit on Wednesday to discuss surgery date.

C5-6 walking quad with severe HO bilaterally in hips limiting walking, climbing steps, dressing, sit to stand, etc. in 1975. Back to back surgeries by Dr. Kurt Nieman at Univ. of Alabama in Birngham with lots of rehab. Changed my life for the better. Went from very slow community ambulatory with forearm crutches to much easier community ambulator with simple wooden cane, increased ADL's, etc.
    I'm sure Dr. Nieman an may have long ago retired. However, this was a large program at UAB back then, and he was head of Ortho surgery with lots of Docs following him around. There may be some experts at UAB Hospital, Ortho Dept. Good luck.

Any referrals for HO surgeons in Southern California?

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Doll View Post
    Any referrals for HO surgeons in Southern California?
    The link I sent you in another post says he had the surgery at UCLA. Contact him and ask the surgeon's name. http://www.derekherrera.com/heterotopic-ossification/

Quote Originally Posted by 2drwhofans View Post
    The link I sent you in another post says he had the surgery at UCLA. Contact him and ask the surgeon's name. http://www.derekherrera.com/heterotopic-ossification/
    thank you, he gave me a reference to a UCLA dr.