Thread: Neck injury paralyses actor

Neck injury paralyses actor

Neck injury paralyses actorLast updated: Thursday, August 30, 2007Actor Eric Holm (25) is recovering well after he sustained a serious spinal cord injury on Friday when he dove into a manmade lake in Secunda - damaging his neck at the C-5 vertebrae that left him paralysed.

http://www.health24.com/news/Trauma_...-952,41773.asp

he's going to rehab after only a week in the icu? am i the only one who thinks this is weird?

Hi mimin,

yes a bit early......maybe it's not as bad as reported...hope so

this seemed odd also,

-------
    "I had my video camera with me. When I saw something was wrong I ran to where he was, video camera in hand.

"When Erik saw it, he asked me to record everything. 'Are you sure?' I asked him. 'Yes, I want it for posterity,' Erik replied"

A nurse who happened to be at the waterfront that day stabilised Holm, and ensured that the vertebrae in his neck didn't suffer further damage.
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

We have admitted patients to our rehab program within 3 days after their injury. The sooner the person gets to the specialized care setting, the better for outcomes. This has been shown in a number of studies.

(KLD)

The longer you lay the more you lose and have to recover in the event there is recovery to be had.

then i hope it's a good sign that he was stable enough

I went to rehab after a week, even after fighting off pneumonia days before.Of course, I begged to go b/c I thought I'd get my hands back through therapy-which I didn't.God,those days were hell!

I went to rehab 4 days after my injury. Even though I was in a halo and I couldn't move anything except for eyes, mouth, face, I thought for sure I'm going to regain everything back, at worst maybe not my legs. All the people that I have seen in wheelchairs before could move everything, except the legs. Shows how much I new about people with disabilities.