Thread: weight loss

weight loss

Since my accident I have lost a total of 25 lbs but have gained some back. This has bothered me (the weight loss). My legs have had some atrophy a BIG concern of mine. I feel like I'm loosing weight again and I don't know what to do. I get the comment from people that I haven't seen forever "are you eating" I say "as long as I'm not sick". They just give me a weird look because they don't understand. I don't know what to do I want to remain as healthy as possible.
    Niese

lots of people lose weight after sci from atropy. i am skinny dude and i lost 10 lbs. mainly legs and my ass.

- I am a bomb technition, if you see me running try to keep up.

- Dont argue with an idiot, they will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

- Some peeps are only alive because its illegal to kill them.

I lost 20 lbs in the first month after my injury because I had a tube in my nose that sucked everything I ate back out. I gained 30lbs back afterwards, but now I can tell I've lost weight. I haven't been weighed lately, but I can tell my legs are shriniking and I don't have much of an ass left anymore.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

atrophy isnt good, u need to keep the meat u have left in good shape. add a protien suplemant, such as we advised in another thread. eas myoplex deluxe. imo stay away from the ensure and boost products, way to many carbs. a good rule of thumb. if your drink has 50 grams of protien it shouldnt have more than 25 carbs. these numbers will help you gain lean muscle wieght

A small weight loss is common and some atrophy is normal but you want to avoid this by eating a good healthy diet. High in protein, normal amount of carbohydrates, vitamins, minerals (Calcium etc..),and active and passive(someone else or a machine exercises for you) exerise and movement of all muscles.

CWO

fuentejps,
    I have being doing boost. Not all the time but sometimes. What kind of drink could I do that would give be 50 grams of protein that wont play hard with my bowels?

Originally posted by Niese:

fuentejps,
    I have being doing boost. Not all the time but sometimes. What kind of drink could I do that would give be 50 grams of protein that wont play hard with my bowels?
    the eas myoplex deluxe. 53 grams protien only 28 carbs, here u go
    http://www.dpsnutrition.net/product_...1041&last=1041

I drink a boost in the morning for breakfast because I need a quick, um, boost in the morning to get me going.

I've tried some of those powder mixes, but they don't mix as easy as they claim. By the time I got it mixed it had turned warm and was soooo nasy. I tried mixing one up the night before and leaving it in the fridge so it would be cold and ready to drink in the morning, but it had turned to foam overnight.

_____
    Learn from the mistakes of others, you won't live long enough to make all of them yourself.

Originally posted by jimnms:

I drink a boost in the morning for breakfast because I need a quick, um, boost in the morning to get me going.

I've tried some of those powder mixes, but they don't mix as easy as they claim. By the time I got it mixed it had turned warm and was soooo nasy. I tried mixing one up the night before and leaving it in the fridge so it would be cold and ready to drink in the morning, but it had turned to foam overnight.

_____
    i buy the rtd's