Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Standing Frames?? Which one is the best??

Question Standing Frames?? Which one is the best??

We're currently looking to buy a standing frame but are curious to what everyone else finds to be the best one since there are quite to choos from.

Has anyone used the easyglider? Do you like it? or do you find a basic standing frame better?

Thanks!

I have the 6000 I like it except that it takes up so dang much room in my house.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Quote Originally Posted by addiesue
    I have the 6000 I like it except that it takes up so dang much room in my house.
    Thanks for the quick reply Addisue.

Is the 6000 an easyglide model or no? I'm just sort of hooked on the glider type because it seems like he could get a basic ROM stretch while standing but was wondering what others thought of it.

You're welcome. Yes I got it for the glider option. It does help in stretching the hip flexors and moving around. I thought I'd get some cardio out of it but I must admit sometimes I just stand there and play the play station. Sorry I didn't say more on the first post I was at work. At least if you get the glider option it is there for the days you want to use it. I like the idea of the ones that you can move around in but I have never used one.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

I too have the 6000 and use the glider at the gym. I'm inclined to agree with addiesue - at the gym I have to "obey" the trainer and crank out the sets, not sure how much I'd use it at home. I had wanted one too but am a little underwhelmed by the contraption.

It is a great stander and I use it all the time. I'm not so sure the glider is worth the price.

I have a glider on trial right now. They take up a lot of room and I don't think the glider is worth the price. I stand in it a lot but seldom use the glider. It doesn't have a very large rom. I've ordered a stander but it doesn't have the glider. I have a Seratoge cycle that burns calories and gives rom for my legs and builds up my arms. I use this for exercise. Good luck.

I have an Easystand w/glider option. It is a great stander but I have trouble with getting the setting on the glider right. It seems to tight to get a real gliding motion. I have to admit that I have not been real consistent on it yet. When I get back in our house I hope to use it more.

Quote Originally Posted by momo3
    I have an Easystand w/glider option. It is a great stander but I have trouble with getting the setting on the glider right. It seems to tight to get a real gliding motion. I have to admit that I have not been real consistent on it yet. When I get back in our house I hope to use it more.
    Momo,
    I used the glider in rehab and I'm such a weakling that we took the adjustors off. Just moving my own legs was enough of a workout for me. How sad.

I'm still thinking about getting my very own glider for home now. I need something for winter.
    Rose
    http://www.myspace.com/roseoremus
    C6/C7 Complete, Asia A, since March 31, 2005.

My 2 shekals, get a good standard frame and with the money you save on skimping on the 6000, get yourself a crankin sport cycle like this Colorado for example. With your level of injury, you don´t need the kind of support a quad may need, so don´t buy extra support additions to your frame if you can safely stand without them. There are various systems used in standing frames to help get you to a vertical position. My frame uses an electric moter connected to two straps attached to a support belt to help me get up. These types of frames tend to be more expensive compaired to normal frames. If at all possible, check the frame out before you buy. Stay away from flimsy cheap crap, better to pay a bit more and get the sturdiness and safety...but by all means compare shop.

Last edited by Mike C; 09-29-2007 at 06:29 PM.
    "So I have stayed as I am, without regret, seperated from the normal human condition." Guy Sajer

Try One!

We offer free demonstrations of EasyStand products visit www.easystand.com/supplier-locator to find a rep or supplier in your area.

It is best to try any equipment first to make sure it is the right purcahse for you, everyone is different. Thanks!