Thread: riding motorcycle ?

riding motorcycle ?

OK - I have a friend who has a motorcycle. I don't know what kind I know nothing about them. I would like to ride with him. Is there a way he can put me on there and go for a ride? How do I keep my legs safe and where they need to be? Is there a way to fix the bike so I he can put me on and then get on without me falling off without a big expense? Ideas anyone? I have good balance (T12) Obviously we'd just be riding to ride since we can't drag my chair behind us to actually go somewhere.
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Proud mom of a US Marine Sgt., Camp Lejeune, NC
    I'm a lower level than you but my brother rode me on his bike. He had little strap down on the back foot pegs I slid my feet under (Kinda like racing bicycles have) and then I just held on to him.
    We rode all over Mertle Beach, SC and had a blast. Never fell off once, LOL.
    If the Army & the Navy ever look on heavens scenes, they will see the streets are guarded by United States Marines!

www.jccarolinaformals.com
    www.myspace.com/jccarolina
    http://www.facebook.com/pages/JC-Car...10436735695158

I would love to just ride like old times. I miss it so much I was born on a bike. I have had some friends talk about duct taping my feet to the pegs but, I said no way. I would get on the back of a touring cruiser like JC's on with full floor boards. One slip and would not be a pretty sight. If you do just be carfull and use plenty of duct tape!LOL!!!!

It' s a smaller bike than that for sure I just don't know what kind or how to describe it. I only saw it once.
    Duct tape has so many great uses. . . .
    If you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.

Sometimes it is easier to widen doors than it is to open minds.

Riding a Motorcycle is no problem for a paraplegic. im a T6 complete and i ride a motocross bike on my own.

I have some pics on my website at www.10fx.com

Riding pillion is even easier, just put the bike up on its stand, get someone to put you on the bike and strap your feet on with cable ties or tape. Being T12 you should have plenty of balance to stay up there.

Good luck, i've found there are very few limits to what you can do as a paraplegic if you really want to.
    Marcel

Thats awsome you still want top ride!For now Im ridding my little xr50 with training wheels on it.The problem is having the cash to modify a bike for me.I found this company
    http://www.adaptivemotorcycles.com/
    and they qouted me 3000 bucks for a kit..Its all electric shift with a 12 volt ram for the landing gear.Im sre I could make it for less myself ,but I dont have the funds yet.

Good luck and post up some pics if you get you a bike going

I would say if you would permit yourself to be strapped to a motorcycle you must want to ride in the worse way. I loved to ride but that is not an option.

Quote Originally Posted by porchdog
    I would say if you would permit yourself to be strapped to a motorcycle you must want to ride in the worse way. I loved to ride but that is not an option.
    You dont need to strap your feet to the bike unless you want to do freestyle mx.My friend is using velcro on the bottom of his feet and on speacial foot plates.