Thread: Foam Pushrims

Foam Pushrims

Anyone using foam coated pushrims from Sportaid.
    I'm c-7 and vinyl coatings just don't give me enough friction grip.

Ive got them...there great i love em.Way better grip than plastic...If your really FROM Moose Jaw,and i think i might know who you are..Dan and the boys have them at Medi-Chair....

~~If it feels good do it even if ya shouldnt,dont let people mess you around~~

Originally posted by Moose Jaw:

Anyone using foam coated pushrims from Sportaid.
    I'm c-7 and vinyl coatings just don't give me enough friction grip.
    I don't know how I could push efficiently without them, please get some fast, you are many years behind! It burns more when you brake though, small price to pay. Get ready for the speed now

C5-C6 pharmacist

moose jaw, I'm with you! I'm a c6-7 guy that just recently had to get new pushrims(black plastic coated) because my old ones(gray rubber coated) were all chewed up. The old ones were pretty good for grabbing with my paws. The new ones are very slippery, they really suck and it's killing my hands and wrists. I'm actually putting more of my hand on the tire than the pushrim. I'd like to find a set of the old gray or black RUBBER coated pushrims but I'll try anything at this point. You folks have any pics of the foam coated pushrims? Thanks.

yep, i use these after some of the guys here recommended them. if you order from sportaid make sure you call. they sent me the wrong ones and when i sent them back they never got them, so i had to pay double. only bad thing is, is that they make my hands super dry.

smokey, they look the same as plastic. check out sportaid's site.

I just copied this topic to the Equipment Forum. Please go here to post further discussion. Thanks. Wise.