Thread: Does anybody have 75 degree TiLite Tr pics

Does anybody have 75 degree TiLite Tr pics

I am looking at chairs and would be interested in seeing any pics of TiLite Tr chairs especially 70 or 75 degree front frame angles.

Thanks in advance.

Duncan

I can't find a picture of a TR with 75deg front frame, but heres a pic of a ZRA with 75deg front frame. Just try to picture that as a TR I guess. Personally, I think the 75 deg front frame sticks out too much, will make it hard to get close to counters and tables. I would choose something between 80-90deg.

May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Thank you Hype, I currently use a GPV with a 70 degree front end. I was interested in seeing a Tr with 75 degree front. I have tried a TRA with an 80 degree front and found that my legs were too tucked under for my preference.

Quote Originally Posted by Duncan McIntyre
    Thank you Hype, I currently use a GPV with a 70 degree front end. I was interested in seeing a Tr with 75 degree front. I have tried a TRA with an 80 degree front and found that my legs were too tucked under for my preference.
    I had the same situation. I went from a gpv with a 70 to a zra with an 80. I felt like I was always going to fall out of the front at first but i quickly got used to it. I could never go back to the 70....I want a 90 on my next chair.
    C5-6 - 22 years

You can always go 80 on a TR and specify the frame length 1" longer than the upholstery depth. Same positioning, but a cooler look.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    You can always go 80 on a TR and specify the frame length 1" longer than the upholstery depth. Same positioning, but a cooler look.
    Earlier I said that I tried a TRA with a 80 degree front, I should have said that I tried a ZRA with an 80 degree front end.

I like to have a couple of inches in front of the upholstery to lift on for shifting around and transferring. From what I can see on the TiLite site, it looks like the bend starts one inch in front of the seat upholstery for a ZR, this is stated in the order form. It also states this in the TR order form as well. But, when I look at the pictures on their site, the bend for the TR looks to be a couple of inches in front of the upholstery. Is the TR frame shown on their site longer than standard? All pics of TRs that I have seen look similar to the one on their site except the one in the order form which seems to start an inch in front of the upholstery.

Is there still a tool on the TiLite site to calculate the overall width of a chair? I tried to find it and could not.

Would you know what the approximate camber angle is if when I place my wheel tightly against a door frame while seated in the chair there is a 1.5 inch difference at the top of the push rim? I'm using 24 inch wheels.

The front edge of the seat sling starts at the beginning of the bend at front frame for both the TR and ZR. If your ordered your chair with 90deg front end or froglegs, then by defualt, you will have a extra inch at front before the bend, making the chair 1 inch longer. On the order form for the TR and ZR, you can specify to have the frame longer by how ever much you want, so you will have more tube before the upholstery to grab.

Yes the picture of the TR on the Tilite website has a longer frame than usual.

The second TR pic you posted with polished frame has a frame specified to be shorter than seat depth.

The width calculator is still on the Tilite website, under the Wheelchairs tab.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62
    The front edge of the seat sling starts at the beginning of the bend at front frame for both the TR and ZR. If your ordered your chair with 90deg front end or froglegs, then by defualt, you will have a extra inch at front before the bend, making the chair 1 inch longer. On the order form for the TR and ZR, you can specify to have the frame longer by how ever much you want, so you will have more tube before the upholstery to grab.

Yes the picture of the TR on the Tilite website has a longer frame than usual.

The second TR pic you posted with polished frame has a frame specified to be shorter than seat depth.

The width calculator is still on the Tilite website, under the Wheelchairs tab.
    Thanks Hype, I was able to use the calculator to determine the camber to be 4 degrees. As I said above the wheel tilts inward 1.5 inches on each side. With 0 degrees camber the chair would be 3 inches narrower. Looking at the spreadsheet, there is a 3 1/8 difference between 0 and 4 degrees camber. The 4 degree camber also works out to be within 1/8 inch of my current chair width.

I was having a discussion about this with Jimbo at SportAid yesterday rwith respect to the bend location on my 85 degree ZR. On either the ZR or TR, the bend begins ~3/4" in front of the upholstery on non-90 degree frames which do not have FrogLegs. The TR pic gives an appearance the bend starts later because of the thinner tubing.

You didn't mention how much dump the demo had, but the amount of seat dump you have needs to factored in when determining if a given frame angle will provide better lower extremity positioning. I told Jimbo that the only thing I would have done differently on mine was order my 85 degree frame 1" longer than seat depth (In my case build a frame for a 17" seat depth but use 16" upholstery).

As you have noted, TiLite's front frame end is much closer to the edge of the upholstery than most other chairs. It gives the chair great responsiveness, but their is a trade off. The load on the front casters can fluctuate significantly when pushing at a moderate clip because of the short frame, and the back of the footrest is about even with the front edge of the seat upholstery. Until I added tubular foam to my open loop footrest, my feet tended to pop off over bumps and the right conditions would set me up for an endo (Fortunately, I found a fork which allowed me to use 4x1.5" FrogLegs soft rolls and that solved the problem). TiLite really should take into account the amount of dump and when determining where to start the bend in the front frame so >90 degrees of knee flexion is not required.

Back to topic, for $150 (MSRP) you could spec your chair out with a 1-2" deeper frame to move the bend further forward. I don't understand why this is a $150 upcharge, since they are simply building the chair as if it had a 1-2" greater seat depth, but use the upholstery specified for for the seat dimensions listed in the specs.

I believe that the Quickie GPV ships with 7 degrees of camber.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 09-01-2007 at 10:17 AM.