Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: How to use 1.5" wide FrogLegs soft roll casters on a TiLite chair

Costs

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212
    Yes. They were something like $20 each. I think TiLite charges $2,000,000.00 for the comparable part, give or take a few bucks. Shipping, of course, is not included.
    Stephen212, I just taken delivery of my TiLite ZR and still waiting for some accessories. I will post a new thread with pictures. When I saw the price tag on this 'chair I almost fell out of my 'chair! I have to get insurance coverage on it!

Shit! Before you know it we’ll have to start registering these 'chairs with our State's Bureau of Motor Vehicles and get license plates on them!

titanium4motion

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    SCI_OTR what do you have on your front foot rest?

It's foam tubing I bought from Lowe's. I found in the lawn & garden section being sold as an anti-vibration grip for lawnmower and snow thrower handles. I finished off the edges using electrical tape. It has a ribbed surface and held up all winter. It is available in 5 foot lengths from McMaster-Carr supply, Item#: 9754K24, for $10.97.

Better yet

Quote Originally Posted by titanium4motion
    SCI_OTR what do you have on your front foot rest?
    I have an AFO on my left foot which prevents the rear of my foot from making much contact with the footrest. Over larger bumps, it tends to bounce forward an inch or so--even with the setup I posted earlier today. Not a safety issue, but definitely an annoyance.

I just tried this and it works perfectly. It's the same style tubular foam I posted in the first pic, but is 1.25" OD. I kept a 1" wide section of the old foam on the top surface of the tube, and wrapped the larger diameter tubing over it. This makes the front tube a little higher and provides a little bit more impact absorption.

I tried it out this afternoon when I took my daughter to the playground at her school. The driveway has a cracked section of asphalt which resembles small rough cobblestones. My feet didn't bounce at all. Last year when I first got my ZR (with 4x.75 Volcanic light ups), my feet were all over the place over the same patch.

The 1.25 ID tubing with the ribbed surface came from my favorite DME supplier, McMaster-Carr, and is part number 9754K15.
    Last edited by SCI_OTR; 05-31-2008 at 09:56 PM.

All this talk of using 1.5" wide softrolls is making me want to try it out too. 3 x 1.5 sounds interesting.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Quote Originally Posted by Hype62
    All this talk of using 1.5" wide softrolls is making me want to try it out too. 3 x 1.5 sounds interesting.
    At $50 for the forks and $72 for the casters, why not?

Gee, so i saved $50 cause 1.5's fit my stock Colours forks? Cool beans!

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    At $50 for the forks and $72 for the casters, why not?
    I'm gonna give this a try.
    May 2000, T4-5 Complete.

Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo

Anyone see the new frog legs wheels coming out this summer?

Quote Originally Posted by JAYCUE
    Anyone see the new frog legs wheels coming out this summer?
    Not until now. With a 2" wide hub in 6, 7, and 8" diameters, they could be the perfect caster for something like the Cossfire All Terrain.

So here's a challenge. My PT insisted I have caster locks on leaving rehab and I ended up with this funky setup as a result. I've wrestled the Tilite/Froglegs affair in the past and was so disgusted by Tilite's markup that I quit. This setup has too many moving parts and I'm going to need to replace it all sooner than later and would prefer to move forward. I have removed all the locking components. I would love the 1.5" caster for better performance on the snow and dirt. any idea how to get there from here?
    -------------------------
    "...the most reliable and useful courage was that which arises from the fair estimation of the encountered peril..." Herman Melville: Moby Dick