Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: How to use 1.5" wide FrogLegs soft roll casters on a TiLite chair

Quote Originally Posted by ilmx34
    Your wheel locks are interesting, are they TiLite? Thanks
    They are Quickie's standard ergo scissor locks which happen to fit in the TiLite clamp for the no charge push to lock wheel locks which came on the chair. I trimmed off any excess to be able to reach under the seat and prevent them from interfering with the upholstery straps.

Back to work...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    Scott and Hype - Thanks for the recommend on soft rolls. Scott, I think I'll stay away from FrogLegs and 6" casters though.
    scorp, i think you'd really appreciate the softrolls over the hard casters. i've always used 5" hard casters an bought me a pair of soft off ebay. they REALLY make a difference rolling over bumps an thresholds, i mean REALLLLY.

Hi SCI OTR,

What are the hooks hanging below your seat for?

did you buy those brakes from quickie or from sportaid?

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff B
    Hi SCI OTR,

What are the hooks hanging below your seat for?
    Economy briefcase carrier.

Ok, I never would have guessed that. I was thinking some sort of van tie down.

That is a very nice looking chair SCI.

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR
    The 4x1.5 aluminum hub FrogLegs softrolls are available through SportAid for $72.00 per pair. The ProSpin short forks (Part#1128012) have a MSRP of $44.10 each. That's a total of $160 dollars--slightly less than what TiLIte's MSRP is for their 4x1 soft rolls on a new chair.
    so let's say I order a ZR w/ the intention of putting my 4x1.5" FrogLegs softrolls on it, as I just have a set lying around...

What [no charge] front wheel option would I want to order? Are the ProSpin short forks the same size as one of the standard TiLite options? As I'm sure you're well aware, setting the casters up/down even +/- 0.5" can make a difference.

http://www.sportaid.com/product.php?...IZR&mode=build

thx..

Actually...newer Ti chairs are using wider forks to accomodate a 1.5 inch soft roll. I confirmed that at the abilities expo with both the ti lite guys and the representative from Frog Legs. Ti ships your chair with a 1 inch soft roll...but you can also put on a 1.5 inch soft roll if you would like after receiving your chair and no change to the Frog Leg fork will need to be done.
    "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot nothing's going to get better. It's not." - Dr. Seuss

Quote Originally Posted by wheeliecoach
    Actually...newer Ti chairs are using wider forks to accomodate a 1.5 inch soft roll. I confirmed that at the abilities expo with both the ti lite guys and the representative from Frog Legs. Ti ships your chair with a 1 inch soft roll...but you can also put on a 1.5 inch soft roll if you would like after receiving your chair and no change to the Frog Leg fork will need to be done.
    Good to know... but to clarify, you're talking about the TiLite fork & not a FrogLegs fork?