Thread: How to use 1.5" wide FrogLegs soft roll casters on a TiLite chair

stephen is the halls done, if so pic
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    stephen is the halls done, if so pic
    Getting close. I just ordered a custom ADI low profile back which will take a couple of weeks. Custom in that it's a 15" wide shell for a 14" wide chair frame (the mounting hardware is being repositioned). Plus I'm waiting for my Surelock order. I'll certainly post pics when it's done.

The Halls got several knowing looks from some folks at the Abilities Expo. The chair, not so much the person sitting in it, is something of a legend.

it really is. bob hall just dropped off the map. isd he working w/ another chair co. now
    Bike-on.com rep
    John@bike-on.com
    c4/5 inc funtioning c6. 28 yrs post.
    sponsored handcycle racer

Quote Originally Posted by fuentejps View Post
    it really is. bob hall just dropped off the map. isd he working w/ another chair co. now
    From those who seem to have some at least trace insight into what and where Bob is at these days, he has absolutely no involvement or interest in the industry.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    Is the Frog Leg fork stem too long or is the diameter too wide -- I'm assuming the former. Regardless, I would suggest that you or your boyfriend contact Mark Chelgren, the president of Frog Legs, and get his input, which he'll freely share (800-922-2129).

I ordered a set of Unitines for my backup chair, and the FL fork stem was too short, then a replacement was sent that was a tad too long. Finally, I met Mark at last week's Abilities Expo, where the FL booth offered complimentary wheelchair servicing, and we found the proper sized fork stem.

The Unitines for my ZR, however, fit perfectly the first time.
    the diameter is too large. If the swap is not successful I'll call. I'm nearly running on metal so I have no choice but to try to improvise. Thanksss!
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    the diameter is too large. If the swap is not successful I'll call. I'm nearly running on metal so I have no choice but to try to improvise. Thanksss!
    I'd call first because that's weird! I don't see how that could be the case unless FL screwed up your order big time. My guess would be that the diameter for the fork stem is pretty much a one size industry standard.

Did your bf remove the tiny set screw that secures the fork stem?

I don't know what screws he removed exactly but he showed me the bolt/stems side by side and the uni-tine bolt is bigger than my zra fork bolts. My boyfriend is at work but when I see him tonight I'll get more info and pics.
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Alrighty, my new 4" frog leg wheels are nice and cushy compared to old hard, chippy ones! Thanks to my patient, persistent boyfriend.
    Last edited by Lorrie; 05-28-2010 at 05:25 PM.
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

My order form attached.
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

I just changed my 5x1's to 5x1.5's aluminum softrolls along with round betty's rather than my LX Spinergies. When I got home, I noticed my front end seemed much heavier doing a wheelie down my van ramp. Is that due to the extra weight of the 1.5 over the 1". I guess I can move my rear wheels forward a 1/4" to gain back the lighter front end right?