Page 10 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: How to use 1.5" wide FrogLegs soft roll casters on a TiLite chair

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    O.K If the stem isn`t made of stainless stell i will contemplate the possibility of change it for a titanium bolt if i buy a ZR.

The stem unscrew like normal bolts? , to the counter clockwise?
    If you decide to get a ZR you could, possibly, send TiLite the titanium bolt equivalent upgrade and ask them to install it for you. It's not an unreasonable request. That way it's "factory."

I'm sure they would do it but it will cost ya big time. They charged and extra 160.00 to my insurance company to put the smooth part of the velcro on the seatpan rather than the hook side they put on normally. If I had known that, I would ave done it myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Patrick Madsen View Post
    I'm sure they would do it but it will cost ya big time. They charged and extra 160.00 to my insurance company to put the smooth part of the velcro on the seatpan rather than the hook side they put on normally. If I had known that, I would ave done it myself.
    Velcro adhesive technology is not quite as simple as it appears.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    If you decide to get a ZR you could, possibly, send TiLite the titanium bolt equivalent upgrade and ask them to install it for you. It's not an unreasonable request. That way it's "factory."
    All this is for don`t lose the warranty i suppose, but if i have a problem with any weld of the frame, how they are going to know that i have changed the stum?, if before send them the frame i will take out the bolt and put the stem again with a bit of Loctite

Quote Originally Posted by totoL1 View Post
    All this is for don`t lose the warranty i suppose, but if i have a problem with any weld of the frame, how they are going to know that i have changed the stum?, if before send them the frame i will take out the bolt and put the stem again with a bit of Loctite
    Because you posted your intention to do so on this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by stephen212 View Post
    I spoke with Mark for the possibility to send to Tilite the bolts and they make the chair with them and he answer me: We will not add parts like this to our chair as we haven't tested the parts, your warranty will be void if you do it.
    But he told me too: I have worked with the company since it's inception in 1997 and to this day I have never seen one of our frames break at a weld. It just doesn't happen.

So...

Quote Originally Posted by SCI_OTR View Post
    Because you posted your intention to do so on this forum.
    I only was joking

Can anyone here help direct me where to buy new forks to accommodate the 4" x 1.5" FL soft-rolls I purchased for my ZRA? Hopefully ti ones mentioned in this thread.
    A link would be so so happily received! I've been searching blindly.

I'm nearly riding on the metal of my front left caster that's chipped away
    "The sweet is not as sweet without the bitter"
    ~"Vanilla Sky"~

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post
    Can anyone here help direct me where to buy new forks to accommodate the 4" x 1.5" FL soft-rolls I purchased for my ZRA? Hopefully ti ones mentioned in this thread.

Contact Ti.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorrie View Post

Lorrie,

I think the absolute best option, and probably the most affordable too, is a pair of Frog Legs Uni-Tine casters. Sharpest looking and you won't be rolling up a wig's worth of hair around the caster spacers.

Sportaid has dropped the price as well.

Here's the set I recently installed on my ZR.