Thread: Login page showing up after you have logged in

why is it that on numerious occacions I type a responce hit submit only to have the log in screen to appear when I am in fact logged in! does happen to any one else?

"But he was pierced for our transgressions,he was crushed for our iniquities; the punishment that brought us peace was upon him, and by his wounds we are healed" Isa 53:5

Rod, I moved your question from the Politics Forum...

I believe that the reason the login page is coming back is because you have not been active on the site (i.e. clicked any links) for 10 minutes or longer and the site has unlogged you out. To avoid that from happening, you should select the "remember me" option when you login. When you do that, even if the site logs you out for inactivity, it will automatically log you in when you post.

The reason why the site sets 10 minute period of inactivity for logging off is so that it can gather accurate statistics on how long people actually stay on line when they login. Many people don't log out. So, the site automatically logs people out when they have not had any activity for a period of 10 minutes.

By the way, I think that it is 10 minutes. It was set we put this version of the software together but I haven't been able to find out where to reset the automatic logout time.

Wise.

Quote Originally Posted by Wise Young
    It was set we put this version of the software together but I haven't been able to find out where to reset the automatic logout time.
    admincp > vbulletin options > cookies and http header options > session timeout

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Pruett
    admincp > vbulletin options > cookies and http header options > session timeout
    Scott, thanks. It is set at 901 seconds (or about 15 minutes). Wise.