Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Miss Teen South Carolina on Geography

Quote Originally Posted by mr_coffee
    LOL what a tard she is, i'd do her in the face.
    LOL! Only if she consented, of course. But I have a feeling she'd let you...such as...given that you're a good looking, young U.S. American and all.

I thought pagent contestants were grilled over and over with assorted questions proir to a pagent to help with a win and to recover if they get stuck like this girl did. Where is the poise they always claim these pagent participants claim they learn? And what about public speaking for crying out loud!

I go with my initial feeling on this, she screwed up big time and looked stupid. Please, I feel no pity for her choice to enter the contest and compete in all activities involved. Whats really scary is she maybe a role model to some young girl who admires the whole "beauty contestant culture" thing.
    Pam

The Dumbing down of America...

Quote Originally Posted by artsyguy1954
    The poor girl shouldn't feel too bad. I mean she isn't the only one in her country. A country where ignorance seems to be a proud tradition.
    The sad part of this is that this is an intended trend whereby the powers that be are deliberately "dumbing" down America to insure they have enough cheap labor.

This has been going on for years. During the 50's and 60's the U.S. had the best educational system and the highest living standard. Now, a high school graduate can't balance their checkbook or how to find their own hometown on a map.

There just isn't enough money for education. Building new schools and hospitals in Iraq is another matter...
    Bartski,
    San Francisco
    (Somebody wake me up!)

"The darkest places in hell are reserved for those who maintain their neutrality in times of moral crisis."
    Dante

Quote Originally Posted by Bartski
    The sad part of this is that this is an intended trend whereby the powers that be are deliberately "dumbing" down America to insure they have enough cheap labor.

This has been going on for years. During the 50's and 60's the U.S. had the best educational system and the highest living standard. Now, a high school graduate can't balance their checkbook or how to find their own hometown on a map.

There just isn't enough money for education. Building new schools and hospitals in Iraq is another matter...
    THAT should have been her answer!

And Pam - good post.

I watched the eighteen yr old kid make an ass of herself that night. (Blast me for being too cheap to pay for direct tv) She had a great opportunity to win, whatever it is they win on those things, and blew it. I thought it was too bad she froze and screwed it up, but did'nt really feel "sorry" for her.

This week she came on the Today show and was interviewed about the pageant and famous map question. She did a nice job of laughing at herself, admitting her embarrassment, and was given the chance to answer the question again. That, of course, was nicely done, afterall she had plenty of time to think about it and what she'd done on stage.

It was nice of them to give her a chance to come on the show and address her phoobar.

Of course, she had a few days to prep and rehearse an answer to the question (which was predictably going to be asked again), as she goes on her public relations and image salvaging blitz.

These girls train for these pageants like they are training for the Olympics. Nerves? Uh, yea... nerves didn't get the better of her while prancing across half nekkid in front of millions (billions, as she noted)

... maybe if she had a bikini on her head, she woulda answered without her nerves distracting her.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion
    like we're a bunch of scumbags
    You're generalizing (and exagerrating to a ridiculous level). I just think YOU are a "scumbag".

Guess what, I can feel bad for her and laugh at her
    Maybe you can, but you gave no indication of it before this. On the contrary, you ridiculed the very idea of feeling sympathy for her.

C.

I don't even feel bad for her; I find it laughable she made an ass out of herself. If she focused more on literacy rather than getting a stupid crown, perhaps she would have something worthy to say.

Beauty pageants are archaic and pathetic anyway. Don't get me wrong, I think there's an obvious benefit to being beautiful, but character and intelligence are precious qualities.

That whole response was a train wreck. I've said some unintelligent things when I was nervous but wow that was intense.
    I'm still a little hot and bothered from the whole occurrence.

It’s like she initially sucked, then she thought, how can I f this up even more? Then did it!
    Now what can she do, she already made small children cry in the audience, it’s over!
    I over heard one child ask her mom, "Mommy why does jesus hate her?" very sad indeed.
    Might as well put the suck topping on the cake and bring it home with a smile!

Last edited by mr_coffee; 08-30-2007 at 03:46 PM.
    Injured:10-16-04
    C7/C8, T1 incomplete;

For stalkers convenience:
    Blog:
    http://www.ordealsonwheels.com/
    Facebook:
    http://www.facebook.com/#!/coryssanchez
    Progress:
    http://photobucket.com/albums/b290/swooty/
    My drawings:
    http://kanvases.com/sites/corysanchez/home

Carol, Carol, Carol, you really need a new act. You cry, cry, cry about people misreading you and assuming things then you do exactly that, continuing to make fallacious arguments that have nothing to do with anything anyone has said, obviously trying to compensate for your excessive insecurities. I feel sorry for your family and friends who have to listen to you go on and on like you do. Thanks for the "scumbag" compliment, btw.

Todd - Agreed on beauty pageants being archaic. But if people want to watch and participate, so be it.

mr_coffee - LOL! Hot and bothered? Weirdo.