Thread: 4ap Wise?

4ap Wise?

Wise, every time I turn the preverbial "Google" page. There you are. I was just reading some info on 4ap. Just wanted to get your thoughts on a few questions.

1) Any phamacy that will compound 4ap with best results? Least amount of fill and best shelf life.

2) Literature on compounding?

3) Possible release on SR formula?

I love the CR even gives you props in his books. Thanks for all you have done for us.

Bill
    Feelin good is good enough!

Quote Originally Posted by GoBig
    Wise, every time I turn the preverbial "Google" page. There you are. I was just reading some info on 4ap. Just wanted to get your thoughts on a few questions.

1) Any phamacy that will compound 4ap with best results? Least amount of fill and best shelf life.

2) Literature on compounding?

3) Possible release on SR formula?

I love the CR even gives you props in his books. Thanks for all you have done for us.

Bill
    Bill,

Some of the pharmacies are providing so-called extended release or sustained release versions of 4-AP, as well as the immediate release. I know that they have not done much shelf-life testing or pharmacokinetics of the these formulations. All that I know is that compounded 4-AP interacts with some fillers and have a relatively short half-life. So, my recommendation is for people to use the immediate release (because the most is known about this formulation) and to use it within a month or two of purchasing it. I have never seen any literature on compounding. For obvious reasons, it would be proprietary. In fact, I have never seen the compounding pharmacies indicate what their formulations are.

I believe that when Acorda Therapeutics gets FDA approval for its SR formulation, most doctors will switch to Fampridine SR. It is the only formulation that has been extensively tested for shelf-life and pharmacokinetics, and has been extensively assessed in humans. Because the effects and side-effects of 4-AP are very dose-dependent, this is critical for the drug. I am less confident that the compounded versions are as consistent or produce the same effecs as the Fampridine SR that is going thorugh clinical trials.

Wise.