Page 92 of 145 FirstFirst ... 42828384858687888990919293949596979899100101102142 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Quote Originally Posted by mikek
    I know some of you are like Davies fanatics because you went on a lab trip
    Not me. In fact, Davies, as well as anyone else, should be held accountable. If we are told "X" time frame and it either can't happen, or doesn't happen, I don't think it's to much to let the forum know something, anything, just a smidgen. If we don't demand, push, and make noise, we'll get pushed around. I'd rather be the one doing the pushing.

After all, Davies invited this forum to his lab.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Not me. In fact, Davies, as well as anyone else, should be held accountable. If we are told "X" time frame and it either can't happen, or doesn't happen, I don't think it's to much to let the forum know something, anything, just a smidgen. If we don't demand, push, and make noise, we'll get pushed around. I'd rather be the one doing the pushing.

I have to agree.
    “As the cast of villains in SCI is vast and collaborative, so too must be the chorus of hero's that rise to meet them” Ramer et al 2005

I appreciated his participation in the beginning. I agree, it is our duty to inquire.

Angry

dr davies even posted on the forum. he engaged us on the topic of sci research, gave us lots of hope with his description of his research. the dr got a bit upset when a few of us asked for an update. i dont have a lot of money but i am able to contribute to his research. it would be nice to hear from the dr, this would help me de4cide if i should continue or redirect my donations.

before anyone says anything, let me say that i realize that no one owes me any answers just because i donate to them.

Whether we donate or not, we shouldn't be made to feel like a nuisance for requesting an update. That's just low.

Inneedofmylin - If someone expects or wants donations at whatever stage he is at in development, he should provide a status as Schmeky has requested, otherwise why donate to to blind cause.I have donated to Wise, own Geron stock , and no longer donate to the Miami Project after noone could replicate their schwann cell results a few years ago. We are all getting older and time is wasting !!! I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.
    Fact.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by mikek View Post
    Inneedofmylin - If someone expects or wants donations at whatever stage he is at in development, he should provide a status as Schmeky has requested, otherwise why donate to to blind cause.I have donated to Wise, own Geron stock , and no longer donate to the Miami Project after noone could replicate their schwann cell results a few years ago. We are all getting older and time is wasting !!! I still beleive Wise is our best shot at this time !! There is noone as honest and trustworthy as our sci mentor.
    mikek, absolutely.......i turned 41 in nov, and no mater how much i workout the sad fact is my window of opportunity is closing. miami........what a joke and waste of money. miami wouldnt be even be talking trials if geron hadn't started thiers. miami project seems to be a nice place to make a huge salary and a career out of RESEARCH. theyve been riding the sci community for awhile dangling that 5 to 10 yr carrot in front of us while picking up loads of cash that could be better used.

dr young has done so much on a shoe string budget. dr young and geron may not hit the ball out of the ballpark but even a bunt single would get this rally going. sorry for the baseball analogy .........i'm still buzzin from my tx rangers making it to the world series.

this is going to be a huge year, we have good hard working, intelligent drs WITH TRIALS UNDERWAY! we will start to get information on results of these trials this year. there are also so many other labs, companies gearing up for trials. its started.

I went on the forum to check in about Dr. Davies. So, I am sorry if I am not very well informed on other researchers. When did Dr. Young go to trials? Where? Is it in the US?
    I am just wondering where the "five years" for Dr. Davies research came from. Did Dr. Davies say this? Was there anything at all in the Australia talk? Is Susan Morgan still checking in? She was very hopeful.
    Thank you. Any information is very much appreciated.

Maybe Dr. Davies can't talk because he's waiting to publish results. I think scientists can't talk before the publish date.