Page 91 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4181828384858687888990919293949596979899100101141 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Hope so . Not wishing my life a way i would like it to be the end of 2013 Then we would know one way or other
    I believe I believe
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    skeaman, we should all believe we will get out of these damn chairs. We're moving in that direction for sure. 2011 is goin g to be a good year.

keeping on
    Hope so . Not wishing my life a way i would like it to be the end of 2013 Then we would know one way or other
    I believe I believe
    AS I SIT HERE IN MY CHAIR . I LOOK OUT UPON THE GROUND .I WONDER WILL I EVER GET UP AND WALK A ROUND ??

http://justadollarplease.org

Who do you believe and why.

Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    chris, my opinion is that everything is credible until proven otherwise. What we should hone in on is trials that are creidble and documented. I'm hoping that Gerons and wise's trials should show results we hopefulllyu can understand and believe in. Our job as a group should be to authenticate those trials and results and allow us to move forward. I have skepticism in results that are nebulous. Bottom line, we need results we can see and benefits we can believe in.

keeping on

I quote from the NHS website here (and I'm not having a go at my doctors)

Amioderone.

• abnormal laboratory test results
    • eye or eyesight problems - if you have blurred vision or any visual disturbances you must seek medical advice immediately as some eye problems may very rarely lead to blindness
    • gastrointestinal problems
    • nausea
    • photosensitivity skin reactions with redness, tingling, burning or blistering of the skin - this can be prevented by avoiding unprotected exposure of the skin to sunlight or ultraviolet radiation
    • taste changes
    • vomiting

I was prescribed this after my operation for a dissecting aneurysm.
    Recently, I saw the senior cardiologist at our hospital, and I learnt.

1 That I should have had regular imaging for the repair itself (advice never passed on to me)

2 Amioderone he deemed unnecessary. (It's prolonged use was not required, as it was originally used to regulate post operative arhythmia.)

As an aside, he also stated that warfarin and digoxin were superfluous).

I have been taking for possibly 2 years, unneeded medication, at cost to the health service, that rank amongst what could be regarded as dangerous medications.

I have experienced some of the side effects of amioderone.
    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Stephen,

Your continued participation is important. Thank you.
    I posted this on 1-08-08. With all due respect, I feel this forum should have some occassional input, especially with the funding generated for Davies work.

Quote Originally Posted by schmeky View Post
    i posted this on 1-08-08. With all due respect, i feel this forum should have some occassional input, especially with the funding generated for davies work.
    Last edited by Leif; 01-16-2011 at 08:50 PM.

Smile News of stem cells in North Texas

Quote Originally Posted by Leif View Post

I heard this last night while watching the Golden Globe awards ceremony Our local NBC station said at 10 pm central time Mon., Jan. 17th listen to nightly news about stem cell coming to North Texas. I hope it will be for sci injuries.
    Aggie Mom 2007

Hi Everyone,

Have just wanted to check in for an update. Zoki83 have you been to the lab lately? Just curious, where 5 years came from? Has anyone been in touch with Dr. Davies?
    SusanMorgan from W2W, are you still in touch with Dr. Davies? C Hansen have you learned anything new?
    Thank you for any details.

CareCureGirl, let me say that tis is wat we as a group have to do. Constantly get updates on all acotrs and groups in the stem cell arena. We must focus in on current acitivites and weed out those that do not measure up to our expectations. I'm tellin gall on this forum, that 2011 is going to be a YEAR of brekthroughs. We will all focus on results and then be able to discuss therpies for us going forward. Onward and upward.

keeping on

This thread started 4 years ago and I have heard nothing but hearsay. Geron and Wise are in trials already. I know some of you are like Davies fanatics because you went on a lab trip. I have been to the Miami Project about 50 times and particpated in 2 of their research projects. I doubt if they will deliver a cure but they sure do spend a lot of money.

Mikek, the Gron and Wise trials are for real; you are absoultly right. We can concentnrqate on these and ones to come that show real results. As fas as Miami Project goes; I'm not convinced of where they are. I contacted them as to their schwaan cell strategy; they still don't have a trial date. Some of their money should go to Wise and his trials. It would be more effective and used for results.

keeping on