Page 89 of 145 FirstFirst ... 39798081828384858687888990919293949596979899139 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

'' I think the key to survival is to find something to do that makes you want to get up every morning -- besides waiting for a cure.''

Words of wisdom. - I recommend Nietzsche, as a supplement to precisely that.

The will to power = You are the one who's supposed to have control over your life/thoughts.
    Remember that, every morning, so get/wake up and make the most of it.
    "It's not the despair, I can handle the despair! It's the hope!" - John Cleese

Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials. (Ox)
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

yes it is frsutrating and each of us has to ultimately deal with it ourselves. I do recommend that we call to play the time frame that keepsthese people, researchers and doctors and groups going, the 5 year thing is always going to be there if we don't as a group require and demand more specifics and let them know we are watching. I read all the posts and frustrations that we have on this matter. I can only say that we act as one and demand more accoutability. Good luck to all.

keeping on

I really believe that Dr. D is onto something big but just can't talk about it. If it were nothing, he would be able to talk freely about it. The silence is what makes me believe its really something to consider as being helpful to us. I know its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.

Hans, we hope you are right. We need some good news from someone. There is work going on that is new and exciting, no doubt. Here is hoping that 2011 will be the big year we are waiting for.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I know its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.
    Yes, you could help. But hey, i'm just saying...
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Um I do help plenty, fundraise and everything else but that isn't allowing him to share his data yet. We still have to wait for him to get the o.k. to give details. But hey, I'm just saying.

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    I'm 45 years post. They said 5 years then, but in the late 80s, an article about the spinal cord appeared in Scientific American in which a leading researcher said "never."

However, if you go to http://www.scientificamerican.com/ now and search for "spinal cord" you will see quite a few articles about possible ways to repair the cord.

So, maybe you younger folks should still have hope.

I think the key to survival is to find something to do that makes you want to get up every morning -- besides waiting for a cure.
    Your right in one sense of the word of finding somthing to motivate you out of bed,
    But sooner or later it begins to wear thin. As you know you are restricted in so many ways therefore your attention then turns to a cure or hopleness.

I for one think a cure is possiable but when I don't know. But the five year each five years is becoming rather wearing

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    I think 5 years is just over the horizon. If someone asked you how long would it take you to learn a foreign language well, you might think, not in 2 or 3. I've tried that, but I can do anything in 5 years.

You guys are right. To try to keep in best shape possible and then hear or read 5 more years is a tease beyond comparison. I can only say that my mission on this is to contact those who are using 5 yearsw forward to promote their careers; and question their efforts. We as a group have to participate in the questioning of every blurb out there. that, in my mind, is our responsibility. I feel that groups and individulas are getting the message. We are in control if we choose to be.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I really believe that Dr. D is onto something big but just can't talk about it. If it were nothing, he would be able to talk freely about it. The silence is what makes me believe its really something to consider as being helpful to us. I know its hard to be patient, but we have no other choice.
    Han Solo you are spot on! It is hard to be patient, and I also wish I could tell you guys what I know freely, but please people keep helping Dr.Davies anyway we can! I know its probably hard reading a post like this and believing it, but if I could guarantee anything on this work I would...from now on when 5 years is said it is more real than ever before...

Quote Originally Posted by chilacas View Post
    Dr. Davies in Australia conference
    I attended...can't speak about much although very good and positive stuff...please keep supporting Dr.Davies!!!