Page 88 of 145 FirstFirst ... 38787980818283848586878889909192939495969798138 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Dr. Davies in Australia chronic sci conf. on Dic. 8 & 9

Dr. Davies in Australia conference

Did Davies release the info that was quoted for end of 2010?
    Joe T.

Is there any progress in dr stephen davies trails if any to date?

news from him is way overdue
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

There is a video interview of Davies somewhere on this forum I viewed a few weeks ago, but could not find out what date it was produced.

Anyhow, in the video Davies said he felt confident there would be something effective within the next 5 years.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up

"next five years"?. For some strange reason I don't think you made that up... Hehe
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    There is a video interview of Davies somewhere on this forum I viewed a few weeks ago, but could not find out what date it was produced.

Anyhow, in the video Davies said he felt confident there would be something effective within the next 5 years.

Hey, I don't make this stuff up

Also, they all said 5 years 6 years ago, and the older mebers say they said it 30 years ago , it is always 5 years

Quote Originally Posted by gorish View Post
    Also, they all said 5 years 6 years ago, and the older mebers say they said it 30 years ago , it is always 5 years
    Yes, and that may be just cause for the pessimism sometimes felt by us all. No wonder that chronics who've spent the last 30 years in a chair feel fed up.
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature.

I wonder why it's always five years, not six years or four years. It hurts to read this again and again, I think it would be more palatable if the five years was broken down into various stages. I think we need more specifics. Year one–finishing basic lab experiments, year two–replication of data, year three–IND application, year four–clinical trial, year five–FDA approval. Or something along those lines.

Otherwise, I feel it we are just floating in this nebulous timeline without a compass. In terms of Dr. Davies research: are we still in year two?

Quote Originally Posted by gorish View Post
    I'm 45 years post. They said 5 years then, but in the late 80s, an article about the spinal cord appeared in Scientific American in which a leading researcher said "never."

However, if you go to http://www.scientificamerican.com/ now and search for "spinal cord" you will see quite a few articles about possible ways to repair the cord.

So, maybe you younger folks should still have hope.

I think the key to survival is to find something to do that makes you want to get up every morning -- besides waiting for a cure.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaz19 View Post
    I wonder why it's always five years, not six years or four years.
    I think 5 years is just over the horizon. If someone asked you how long would it take you to learn a foreign language well, you might think, not in 2 or 3. I've tried that, but I can do anything in 5 years.
    Last edited by khmorgan; 01-13-2011 at 10:30 AM.