Page 56 of 145 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

I guess since theres been no word on the decorin tests for chronics, Im assuming it doesnt work? I thought we were supposed to hear something by the end of the year. If it doesnt work, keep working Dr. D, I know youll figure something out sooner or later.

Schmeky - For the time being it's a private effort, not a secret one, outside Dr. Davies lab, involving others who choose discretion for the time being. When there's something detailed and concrete it will be announced. No need to be annoyed, have faith.

Onward and upward.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I guess since theres been no word on the decorin tests for chronics, Im assuming it doesnt work? I thought we were supposed to hear something by the end of the year. If it doesnt work, keep working Dr. D, I know youll figure something out sooner or later.
    Here is what Dr. Davies said on 11/21/08 about results of his chronic rat results timeline:

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen Davies View Post
    Hi Everyone,
    I see that there have been quite a few questions about my labs chronic SCI experiments and timelines for SCI clinical trials. At present the chronic SCI experiments are still ongoing and I am not prepared to jump the gun and post scientific data on a public forum before the results of the experiments are published in a good international scientific journal. Those of you who have a better understanding of the process of scientific research I'm sure will understand (for those that don't please read my previous posts on the matter).
    So I'm not sure any conclusion can be drawn as of yet, but I'd sure think to hear a general indication of his chronic results like: unfavorable, mixed, favorable, etc.

A status on the expected publication date of results would also be better than nothing

Chris,

I'm cool, didn't mean it the way it probably came across, thanx.

Two things I like about Dr Davies remarks concerning the chronic studies:

1. "the studies are ongoing"

While this is no guarantee of incredible results, it at least indicates to me that things are proceeding in a positive direction, otherwise the trials would probably be stopped.

2. "...I am not prepared to jump the gun and publish scientific data on a public forum..."

Sounds like there is data to be published! Again, no guarantees but researchers don't generally publish things that don't work.

I'm being optimistic, but I also don't want to set my expectations too high. In any case, I think there will be a lot of information gathered from the studies and perhaps more questions to be answered.

research...

research will continue at slower than a snail's pace the rest of our lives. the very best anyone with complete sci can hope for is a place in line on phase 1 clinical trials. and these are trials for helping pain, spasticity, etc. or you can call me negative, a jerk, whatever, but the truth is devastating, and if you don't believe me, check back with me in 10 years.

@cdurfee99 - Thanks for stopping by, I can't help but wonder what you think you achieve by sharing such an unbelievably negative vision with the rest of us?
    Where ever I might be in ten years, I know for sure that I wont be checking back on you, so ciao sunshine.

Sorry, OT - back to making sense.

the cure is here...

I must've missed the news that a cure is here. My mistake!

stay strong ,drink ,pray and help the science....we all die one day soon or later.....good luck .
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

Given Institute

Hey everyone, hollidays were good, busy as always, hope everyone enjoyed! Dr Davies is speaking at the Given Institute in Aspen on Jan 28, we're only 40 miles away, Keith said he would like to go. Hopefully this will jump start his interest about Dr Davies discoveries. Topics - Stem Cell Technologies, Spinal Cord Repair and Gains Without Pain. Should be posted on www.giveninstitute.org. Will keep you updated if its not, hope there's some new stuff! Anybody else close enough to go? K004H
    Brrraaapppp!