Page 5 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky

Remember: Davies = Chronic Research.
    Yes, but not exclusively--in coordination with acute and sub-acute research. There was a delay in his chronic work due to his move to the University of Colorado-Denver earlier this year. He had to start over with animal models and getting them to the chronic stage. When I talked with him last month, the animals were just getting to that phase.

Please remember, all--there is still tons of work to be done in labs everywhere. We need to do our parts to help researches stay funded, focused, and passionate.

Susan,

You are right. He is about 7-8 months behind on his chronic work. I know he is studying decorin for SCI but there is no information on results.

I do not know when he will move on to chronic rats using decorin. These are some of the questions I hope to have answers to. He did tell me his new lab is much better equipped and more spacious.

He did indicate research is moving forward at a very rapid pace.

This is all I know, for now.

I do not know when he will move on to chronic rats using decorin.

He did indicate research is moving forward at a very rapid pace.
    He thought "Very soon"--as soon as the new animal models are ready. Yes--I, too, get the impression that research is, indeed, progressing at a rapid rate.

Susan,

I am glad we have perceived Davies input essentially the same. This tells me he is forwarding consistent information.

Davies lab visit:

On a positive note, I have spoken with WCR and has confirmed his plans to be at Davies lab as well. His observations and input will be a plus.

Davies lab visit:

On a positive note, I have spoken with WCR and has confirmed his plans to be at Davies lab as well. His observations and input will be a plus.
    Excellent--both of you are outstanding representatives for this community. Thank you both.

Quote Originally Posted by jplw
    When did this DC fund start up and what is it? I guess I can look up the thread. I was just trying to be lazy.
    Sorry Jplw, missed this. The fund was initiated last year in support of Steven Edwards' pending lobbying trip to DC. This has had to be postponed so I thought perhaps we could support David and Bill's lab excursion in the meantime seeing as it is of such benefit to us all. At this stage, Bar 2 donators who would like their excess to fund the future DC trip, any surplus will go direct to Davies' lab too. Thanks again to everyone who has supported this.

Hey, good luck with the run by the way

Good luck to you David and WCRABTEX on this trip. Looking forward to the report.

Leif,
    I would like to echo enthusiastically your remarks.
    Here's wishing David and WCR a rewarding journey!

Enough To Cover Trip

How are we doing on donations? Is there enough to cover the trip? I am so happy that these guys are going and plan to report back to CC.

Thumbs up Thank you to everyone who pledged a donation

Apologies P.J, I only saw your post now -

Hi everyone,

Just wanted to give you an update. At the request of David and Bill [and they won't budge on this one ] some expenses will be covered by them personally. David has calculated the total expense to be covered via donations as $1,105.20 USD.

This leaves a remaining $3,564.80 USD to go directly towards Dr Davies's chronic research [minus 2 donations equalling $900 USD that the donators have requested are held back for the future Steven Edward's shenanigans in DC ]

I'd like to thank everyone who donated for their co-operation and generosity. I'm sure I echo the sentiments of everyone here when I say I am very much looking forward to the report - safe trip.