Page 4 of 145 FirstFirst 123456789101112131454104 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Roger,

Contact "Cherry" via e-mail or send her a private message. She has a donation site set up for special SCI projects. All monies for this trip go through her.

Cherry made a good suggestion on our last PM. Monies left over from the trip could be donated to Davies lab, assuming CC members (that donated) are in agreement.

Quote Originally Posted by beachlover
    I'm sorry to hear of Dr. Davies father's passing.

That said, I'd be happy to write a check (actually would rather paypal on a credit card) for $250 to help offset the expenses for this research reporting trip. It isn't a lot of money, but it's something. Can someone tell me where/how to make a donation?

Would love to see a time in the near future where chronics could regain at least a few levels while we wait/pray/expect a full cure. Our friends who suffered an SCI are waiting --- a C2 vent dependent complete who is more than 20 years post, a C5 incomplete who is 4 years post but has very little arm movement and functions as a C4 and as a result needs 24/7 care and a T6 complete who is 6 years post and deals with significant depression just can't wait 10/20/30 years for a real cure.

Many thanks.
    Hi Beachlover,

Thanks for getting involved. I replied to your email but possibly check your junk folder as I know AOL emails can sometimes arrive there.

Thanks

Spoke with Stephen today (8-31) and the visit has been scheduled for October 15-16. This is about a month sooner than I thought.

Yay! Are you able to take photos of the lab or is that taboo?
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

have a nice trip you two. hope some great news comes out. looking forward to the report.
    oh well

Lynnifer,

I am pretty confident pictures will be OK. I don't want anyone to think this is going to be a "hallelueh" trip. Davies wouldn't need me for that.

I do feel he is making "great" progress, he may even be on the cutting edge. I do know him well enough to realize he is driven and has enourmous potential. Unlike other researchers, Davies is utilizing treatment modalities that are indigenous within the spinal cord. He is not using foreign objects, i.e., OEG, nasal mucosa, schwann cells, and undifferentiated "stem" cells.

What I do hope to bring back is enough information to begin seeing, with some degree of confidence and clarity, when breakthroughs may soon be realized for chronics. This is speculation on my part.

People like Davies, Dr. Young, Keirstad, Borgens, etc. will make a difference sooner instead of later.

Remember: Davies = Chronic Research.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Roger,

Cherry made a good suggestion on our last PM. Monies left over from the trip could be donated to Davies lab, assuming CC members (that donated) are in agreement.
    Jen, Schmeky,

I think this is a good idea, what would be more or less the cost of the trip?

We may set up a target, lets say 1000$ or may be more to motivate people to give what they can. What do you think?

I am ready to put my contribute in the pot!

Cherry

I agree donate any remaining money to Dr. Davies lab.

Roger

Whoa! I've been gone from CC for a while and the first thread I open is a possitive, uplifting, encouraging one. It's full of support and kind words...

I do have a couple of questions, though.

When did this DC fund start up and what is it? I guess I can look up the thread. I was just trying to be lazy.

Dr Davies's new lab will be in CO? ...right?

I was sorry to hear about the passing of his father. I really like Dr Davies. We met in DC, the day before the symposium. He is a down to eargh guy. He talked to me like I was a reall person and wasn't condesending at all. He did go a little too much into scientist speak for me, but I kept up for the most part.

Sue, I didn't know that you had kept in touch with him. How do you manage to keep in touch with so many people?

I agree with all of what has been said about research so far in this thread and remail optomistic for the future. That's why I'm bustin my butt for the walk that we're organizing for september 29th.

Quote Originally Posted by jplw
    Whoa! I've been gone from CC for a while and the first thread I open is a possitive, uplifting, encouraging one. It's full of support and kind words.
    This is the only way we are going to draw new, pro-active members. Infighting and bickering is counter-productive to our goal.

I never engage in the exchange of insults. I would encourage others to consider doing the same. If we can't set an example and act as a unified whole, we'll still be here fighting 10 years from now. If someone pisses you off, don't respond, it's just that simple.

It also helps to have great moderators (hats off to John).

jplw's response is an excellent example. Read his words carefully.