Page 38 of 145 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888138 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Hi Sue,

Thank you very much for the great report with much useful information! I am still keeping a close watch on Dr. Davies work and I will continue to support his very promising research.
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by Benny
    Can one of you moderators move all the off-topic posts out of here (including this one)? Thanks.
    ... I agree with Benny, those are not related to the works of Dr. Davies.
    I'd like to know if removing scar tissue from the spinal cord will give us a healthier spine. Is there any influence of DECORIN in untethering the cord?.. If DECORIN completly changes the site of the injury what about chronical pain and spasticity?.. Can we say that we all get some benefits in removing scar tissue?..
    Does anyone who have access can post the full pdf of this:
    Decorin promotes robust axon growth on inhibitory CSPGs and myelin via a direct effect on neurons

Kenneth Minora, 1, Xiufeng Tangb, 1, Genevieve Kahrilasa, Simon J. Archibaldc, Jeannette E. Daviesa and Stephen J. Daviesa, Corresponding Author Contact Information, E-mail The Corresponding Author
    aDepartment of Neurosurgery, Anschutz Medical Campus, University of Colorado at Denver, Neurosurgery Research Laboratory, Building RC-1 North, Room P18-9100, 12800 East 19th Avenue, Aurora, CO 80045, USA bMethodist Neurological Institute, Department of Neurosurgery, Scurlock Tower Suite 944, 6560 Fannin Street, Houston, TX 77030, USA cIntegra LifeSciences, 311C Enterprise Drive, Plainsboro, NJ, USA
    I will try to make things move right here with that..
    Thanks.
    George

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    Hi Sue,

Thank you very much for the great report with much useful information! I am still keeping a close watch on Dr. Davies work and I will continue to support his very promising research.
    Hi Suzanne,

It is nice to "see" you and thank you. I know you are a strong supporter of Dr. Davies and many promising research labs. I will be forever grateful for that and all you do to advance SCI research.

All my best,
    Sue

I have a question for you Dr. Davies. It seems like you are making major progress with your work and clinical trials might be coming sooner than expected. My question is how would I go about being part of your trials since im sure once it is advertised everyone on this site and everywhere else in the world will be applying. Will there be only a few picked to participate or will there be lots of people. Ive been doing my therapies to be ready in hopes of being a part of it. This has been heavy on my mind so if you could let me know what your thoughts are I would appreciate it.

I imagine their are plenty of paralyzed people in Denver, to pick from, but if not - then I'd love to go especially with Han Solo - talk about something to tell your grand children...

Well thats what Im trying to find out, are people only picked that live around the place where the trials are being held? I really want to know because if thats the case my family is more than willing and ready to re locate for my recovery, so if thats the case then I wanna know because Ill have to find a place and get there before they start.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo
    Well thats what Im trying to find out, are people only picked that live around the place where the trials are being held? I really want to know because if thats the case my family is more than willing and ready to re locate for my recovery, so if thats the case then I wanna know because Ill have to find a place and get there before they start.
    let me know too. HS needs a buddy.

or two - I'll bring a light saber ;-)

Dr. Davies:

Will the GMP cells axonal growth require some type of neural guidance cues to extend in specific directions during development? In previous slides we saw a tangled mess of growth...it appeared the new growth had more space to properly grow forward to it's intended target.

Would Neptin 1 be used as a "repellent" guidance molecule to keep the axons from straying out of tract and not hitting their intended target?

How will the neural connectivity take place? Can you tell us if there will be any neurotrophins and axon guidance needed to make the connections after the decorin has taken care of the scar and axons are showing robust regeneration? How will the axons be guided and attracted to their target receptor?

I know the ideal would be for the axon to burst straight down the track to it's target...