Page 20 of 145 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122232425262728293070120 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

LOL

Just be sure we know which IPO to get in on the ground level!

(Kidding...no, actually I'm not)

good news are always welcome .....BTW.sir do you know dr.henry from UC.?
    • Dum spiro, spero.
      • Translation: "As long as I breathe, I hope."

How exactly does one make a contribution?

mhinds

Instructions on how to donate to Dr. Davies lab are contained on page 14 post 139 of this thread.

Roger
    Last edited by Roger; 11-03-2007 at 08:21 PM.

Schmeky,

Thank you so much for the exciting news presented in your second report dated Oct 31st in this thread. You stated that:-

"Rat GDA BMPs have proven to evoke robust recovery in the acutely injured adult rat CNS."

May I ask is Dr. Davies prepared to work this on the chronically injured adult rat CNS as well?

OR, indeed, I should assume that it is not necessary as you mentioned in the second point of the Hurdles to Overcome for Robust Regeneration in the Chronic Injury that:-

"2) Production of a scalable, purified human (not rat) GDA BMP; Davies lab is presently actively pursuing this."

Thanks again for your great hard work from the bottom of my heart!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne

This Post Is For Ricky James

Hi Rick
    It was about 3 months ago, back in July when you (Ricky James) offered to donate to Hans Keirstead laboratory $200,000, and that donation did not go through.
    I was wondering if that offer is still available? If so, maybe instead of donating to Dr. Keirstead's Lab, that money can be donated to Dr. Stephen Davies's Lab.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showthr...228#post696228

Schmeky,

In the third paragraph of your summary of your second report you stated that:-

"It is essential sufficient basic scientific data be observed, clearly understood, and replicated before proceeding with human clinical trials."

Do you mean Dr. Davies' work on Decorin and GDA BMP will be replicated in some others' labs before proceeding with human clinical trials by himself?

I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you very much for your patience!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    Schmeky,

In the third paragraph of your summary of your second report you stated that:-

"It is essential sufficient basic scientific data be observed, clearly understood, and replicated before proceeding with human clinical trials."

Do you mean Dr. Davies' work on Decorin and GDA BMP will be replicated in some others' labs before proceeding with human clinical trials by himself?

I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you very much for your patience!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne,

Davies has been collaborating with the University of Rochester in New York, for some time now. He has recently initiated talks with the Miami Project.

Davies is doing the research, then using other labs to ensure repeatablility/replication. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky
    Suzanne,

Davies has been collaborating with the University of Rochester in New York, for some time now. He has recently initiated talks with the Miami Project.

Davies is doing the research, then using other labs to ensure repeatablility/replication. I hope this helps.
    Schmeky,

Thanks for your kind reply!!

Suzanne
    Suzanne

Hi, Dr. Davies,

I am very much interested in your groundbreaking work. They are absolutely exciting news with lots of potential to all SCIs concerned!!

Please allow me to have the following questions:-

1. As Schmeky said:-

a. Rat GDA BMPs have proven to evoke robust recovery in the acutely injured adult rat CNS; &
    b. Production of a scalable, purified human GDA BMP

Should I assume that, in the meantime, GDA BMP will also be applied to chronic cords on rats?

2. In one of your answers to CC member here on the question of Decorin, you said, “We are now applying what we have learned with transaction injuries and working on contusion injuries with several collaborating labs.” I have two questions here:-

i. Will you work on the contusion models in both acute and chronic at the same time?
    ii. Will you be doing the same as stated above by using Rat GDA BMP?

3. In your answer, you also said, “Do the basic science in a transaction injury where you can actually measure how efficiently you have changed levels of inhibitors or other aspects of scar formation and then, apply what you have learned to contusion injuries where the only outcome measures are usually whether there was functional recovery and/or sparing of neuron cell bodies and myelin/support cells, and it is therefore difficult to work out mechanisms.”

I am sorry do you mean that one would be unable or difficult to measure the change of levels of inhibitors or other aspects of scar formation in contusion injuries?

4. Shall I assume that the combo therapy of Decorin + GDA BMP can be applied on humans in 2 to 3 years’ time or should it be in the time frame of 2 to 5 years?

5. Would it be possible for you to kindly outline your work and the gap of expenses that you require in your lab in the coming years of 2008 and/or 2009 so that Schmeky and other members can better plan our own individual donation schemes to your lab with all of the promising work going on?

I look forward to hearing from you! Thank you very much!!!

Suzanne
    Last edited by poonsuzanne; 11-07-2007 at 11:22 PM. Reason: grammatical mistake
    Suzanne