Page 2 of 145 FirstFirst 12345678910111252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    I think it would be fabulous to put this towards Schmeky's and Wrcrabtex's expenses for this trip as I know how valuable the trip is to all of us.
    Cherry,
    Put my donations in the Davies Lab Trip Pot! When Steven is able to head to D.C. I'll happily give again. Great idea!

Schmeky & WCRABTEX,
    You two will make a great level-headed-combo to help elucidate the sweat & efforts of Dr. Davies for all of us. This is fantastic!

Dr. Davies,
    You have my deepest sympathies for your loss, and my eternal gratitude for your efforts. Thank you for opening your doors for Schmeky and WCRABTEX to witness your work, these opportunities give us all hope and help strengthen the bonds of this community.

Christopher

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky

As a side note, I feel Davies chronic work will lay a long standing argument to rest that comes up frequently on this forum. The argument is should we be doing chronic or acute studies? Dr. Young has always said we need both and I feel Davies progression of success typifies this very well.
    David--I totally agree. Since meeting and spending time with Dr. Davies at Working 2 Walk 2007, I have kept in touch with him periodically. I have so much respect and admiration for him. I'm certain he wouldn't mind me sharing this excerpt from an e-mail correspondence with him:

"...My Dad took a great interest in my research and we were discussing the implications of our new data right up until he passed away. He was a truly great surgeon who dedicated his life to helping his patients overcome severe facial injuries, deformities and cancers. He taught me that the true measure of a persons life is not how famous or rich they become but how many peoples lives they change for the better It is his example that spurs me on to develop truly effective new therapies for people with SCI."

This is just one indication of what a truly tremendous person he is. It appears to run in the family.

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by Cherry
    It was really sad to learn of Stephen's father. I'm sure he is immensely proud of his son's achievements thus far and he will be looking down on him and family as his valuable work continues. Thank you David for offering to visit again and thank yopu Stephen for extending the invitation.

I was thinking, I will tally the figure correctly when I look at the spreadsheet but if my memory serves there is about 1000 dollars in the DC Funds kitty. I think it would be fabulous to put this towards Schmeky's and Wrcrabtex's expenses for this trip as I know how valuable the trip is to all of us. I have refunded a few donations but if those who asked me to hold onto the funds for Steven's trip to DC are ok with it, then I shall send the money to David as I don't think Steven will be planning to go for a while. If you would rather have a refund just PM me and I'll get right onto it I'll put this in the DC Funds thread too.
    Cherry

You could use the money I sent you as you see fit.

Here's a link to video of Dr. Davies' presentation in DC last spring. I can't wait to hear what he's done since then.

http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...27&postcount=1

Dr. Davies, I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Jen-
    I echo Christopher's post, put my donations in the Davies Lab Trip Pot!
    When Steven is able to head to D.C., I'll donate again.

Donna
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Quote Originally Posted by IMHopeful
    Dr. Davies, I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing.

Jen-
    I echo Christopher's post, put my donations in the Davies Lab Trip Pot!
    When Steven is able to head to D.C., I'll donate again.

Donna
    I would be happy to donate a small amount of $200 for the Davies Lab Trip!! Please help spread our words out loudly....
    Suzanne

sorry for your loss Dr.
    Get involved in politics as if your life depended on it, because it does. -- Justin Dart

I shall not tolerate ignorance or hate speech on this site.

Everyone should know that I will also contribute to the trip by paying some of the travel expenses.

I have not spoken to WCRABTEX yet, but I am confident he will also be covering some of the expense as well.

Teamwork.

Quote Originally Posted by poonsuzanne
    I would be happy to donate a small amount of $200 for the Davies Lab Trip!! Please help spread our words out loudly....
    Suzanne,

You look so beautiful, so nice too see you here. I think about you all the time. I hope your son is doing well.

Cherry, it's fine with me. Good idea girl.
    DIGG.