Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132133134135136137138139140141142143144145 LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1442

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Yes a former boss used to sing that to me all the time.

I'm Canadian. We have our corrupt Rick Hansen evil corp here.
    Hi Lynnifer,

Sorry, I forgot you were from Canada. In the US the federal government is nearly immune to public opinion. However many cities and states have ballot initiatives that can be started by citizens. Represent Us has a plan to clean up politics, and it is actually working. Perhaps a similar thing could be done in Canada. It may be worthwhile to investigate the local laws. If this is allowed, one could coordinate with Represent Us to actually fix the system.

The problem:
    https://youtu.be/5tu32CCA_Ig

The solution:
    https://youtu.be/qXsf3ICgy50

In the UK they have a law that if a citizen-initiated petition gains 100,000 signatures within 6 months, Parliament must consider it. If it reaches 200,000 signatures, Parliament must debate it on the floor. Recently they started a petition to ban Donald Trump from entering the country. There is a precedent for that, as the UK has already banned specific individuals from entering due to their use of hate speech to incite violence. The petition to ban Donald Trump has received the highest number of signatures in history, exceeding 500,000 in less than a month.

Surely there is something similar that could work in Canada...

Jennifer Juniper, hair of golden flax
    Jennifer Juniper longs for what she lacks
    Do you like her? Yes, I do, sir
    Would you love her? Yes, I would, sir
    Whatcha doing Jennifer, my love?

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    Thanks for the link, I have watched it carefully few weeks ago. If I got things right patients didn't show any recovery so far. I predict patients will never show significant recovery.

Time will tell.
    I doubt anybody expects significant recovery in these 4 people from the small sample size dose given to them in the Phase 1 safety trial.

Just let this thread die. Dude was a fraud n nothin else. Time and money had definitely shown that.

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    I doubt anybody expects significant recovery in these 4 people from the small sample size dose given to them in the Phase 1 safety trial.
    I am rather sure they got the highest safety dose used in ALS patients. Do you know is they are planning to do more patients with a higher number of cells?
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

If I got things right patients didn't show any recovery so far. I predict patients will never show significant recovery.
    No, you got it wrong, they did show positive results. A few weeks ago the company announced their intentions to start into their Phase 3 this coming summer due to data from Phase 2. (The protocol for the future upcoming ALS trial has not been made public). http://investor.neuralstem.com/2015-...e-II-ALS-Trial

The 'cervical' trial got 8 million cells in 20 bilateral injections. (They do believe through individual muscle group measurements they may now be able to differentiate the responders from the non-responders). In the 'cervical and lumbar' combination patients they did 16 million cells in 40 injections. For ALS they are transplanting NSI-566 cells directly into specific segments of the cord where the cells integrate into the host motor neurons.

So far, these NSI-566 cells have been safely administered to 40 patients, in dosing ranges of 1.2 million to 24 million cells per patient, in four investigational safety trials.

http://investor.neuralstem.com/2016-...rld-Conference

However, if implanting 40 patients in Ph.1/2 safety trials with neural stem cells is already being deemed a failure, it would be no surprise that some have embraced exoskeletons and various implant devices with such unprecedented gusto instead of interest in biological type cures. . .

The cells have been tested in rats and mini-pig in spite of what you are telling people.

Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-24-2016 at 12:58 AM.

No, you got it wrong, they did show positive results. A few weeks ago the company announced their intentions to start into their Phase 3 this coming summer due to data from Phase 2. (The protocol for the future upcoming ALS trial has not been made public). http://investor.neuralstem.com/2015-...e-II-ALS-Trial

The 'cervical' trial got 8 million cells in 20 bilateral injections. (They do believe through individual muscle group measurements they may now be able to differentiate the responders from the non-responders). In the 'cervical and lumbar' combination patients they did 16 million cells in 40 injections. For ALS they are transplanting NSI-566 cells directly into specific segments of the cord where the cells integrate into the host motor neurons.

So far, these NSI-566 cells have been safely administered to 40 patients, in dosing ranges of 1.2 million to 24 million cells per patient, in four investigational safety trials.

http://investor.neuralstem.com/2016-...rld-Conference

However, if implanting 40 patients in Ph.1/2 safety trials with neural stem cells is already being deemed a failure, it would be no surprise that some have embraced exoskeletons and various implant devices with such unprecedented gusto instead of interest in biological type cures. . .
    If you read back my posts you can see I was talking about SCI, not ALS.

If you read back my posts you can see I was talking about SCI, not ALS.
    You seriously thought those 4 patients just injected in a Phase 1 safety trial dosage to be showing "significant recovery"? It's a wonder we have anyone willing to enroll in spinal cord trials. Biological measures won't be producing instant miracle cures right off the bat.

You seriously thought those 4 patients just injected in a Phase 1 safety trial dosage to be showing "significant recovery"? It's a wonder we have anyone willing to enroll in spinal cord trials. Biological measures won't be producing instant miracle cures right off the bat.
    That is a point you missed of what I am saying. They did not even do a single study on rodents with chronic SCI (let alone large animals), how can anyone expect the cells they are using can produce significant recovery? That would be just luck, not science.

That is a point you missed of what I am saying. They did not even do a single study on rodents with chronic SCI (let alone large animals), how can anyone expect the cells they are using can produce significant recovery? That would be just luck, not science.
    No, you are wrong Paolo. They did rodent and mini-pig studies along with primate work also.

You think the FDA will allow just any cell to be put in combination chronic therapies without being tested for safety? They'll require scaffolding and molecules to be tested before being added too.

The Martin Marsala mini pig studies didn't count? Ever hear of the guy Mark Tuszynski that's worked with NS-566 for years in rat and primate? LINK This research program tests the ability of cells and growth factors to promote regeneration after SCI. Tested cells include stem cells, autologous bone marrow cells, Schwann cells, and fibroblasts. The Tuszynski group is examining both acute and chronic models of SCI. http://www.cell.com/cell/fulltext/S0092-8674(12)01018-5

Many labs throughout the world are working with neural stem cells. Maybe biological cure with stem cells is something they should stop testing, but each and every component of a combination therapy has to be tested in order for the FDA to eventually approve the therapy. It would be silly to assume each piece of a combo will all alone provide significant recovery in it's Phase 1 safety stage. If that were the case, there would be no need for a combination therapy to help chronic SCI, we would just be waiting for an undiscovered miracle cell or pharma drug.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 02-24-2016 at 01:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Just let this thread die. Dude was a fraud n nothin else. Time and money had definitely shown that.
    Hi Han,

Why do you say that?

Thanks,
    Charley