Thread: Stephen Davies Update

I wonder what Charles Hansen has to say about this ?
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I'm not sure I'd go that far to call Davies a liar.

Someone seeking an advancement in their career? Yes. A con artist? No.

Besides, there is so much competition now (gawd, did I really say that after coming to this site 14yrs ago just?????) that 'Decorin' just may be obsolete anyway. Silver. Harkema. Wise if true. Onward and Upward.
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnnie Walked View Post
    I wonder what Charles Hansen has to say about this ?
    I think he has moved to Australia.

Quote Originally Posted by c473s View Post
    I would imagine they spent the money
    I am sure they have. Asking the money back at this stage could be a symbolic action. Maybe usefull maybe useless.. I don't know for sure, I was just wondering what people think. If people just complain about things wrong, but then do nothing about it we can't hope the situation will get better.

You may find this article interesting:

What if universities had to agree to refund grants whenever there was a retraction?

http://retractionwatch.com/2015/01/1...er-retraction/

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

If they pay salaries and real expenses with the funds which pot should they get the refund from? Maybe they increase tuition and punish the innocent. They are prohibited by federal law from diverting dedicated endowment money. The IRS could even remove the tax exempt status.

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post
    I am sure they have. Asking the money back at this stage could be a symbolic action. Maybe usefull maybe useless.. I don't know for sure, I was just wondering what people think. If people just complain about things wrong, but then do nothing about it we can't hope the situation will get better.

You may find this article interesting:

What if universities had to agree to refund grants whenever there was a retraction?

http://retractionwatch.com/2015/01/1...er-retraction/

Paolo

If they pay salaries and real expenses with the funds which pot should they get the refund from? Maybe they increase tuition and punish the innocent. They are prohibited by federal law from diverting dedicated endowment money. The IRS could even remove the tax exempt status.
    So, just as an example, in the case of Stephen Davies (assuming things went as Grammy described) what should be done in your opinion? Just let it go?
    To let it go might be the best thing to do at this point, but if so what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

I wonder all this because I agree with Chatz that what has happened with Dr. Davies is a reason many lose hope.

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

Paolo
    You would do the same as other dedicated private individuals and numerous spinal cord injury organizations are doing. Utilize the advice and expertise of the best of the best at their disposal. Here they are...
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-22-2015 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    I think he has moved to Australia.
    Dude, you kill me ! lmno.
    keep (rolling) Walking

Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

I think there should be a funding of research and clinical trials in Italy. So many seem unhappy with the U.S. efforts maybe there would be better success other places.

So, just as an example, in the case of Stephen Davies (assuming things went as Grammy described) what should be done in your opinion? Just let it go?
    To let it go might be the best thing to do at this point, but if so what would you suggest for the future to prevent this from happening again?

I wonder all this because I agree with Chatz that what has happened with Dr. Davies is a reason many lose hope.

Paolo

Blog Entries
    I think there should be a funding of research and clinical trials in Italy. So many seem unhappy with the U.S. efforts maybe there would be better success other places.
    If they could harness the hot air they could save a bundle on their energy needs.