Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Keep updating Zoki.

Quote Originally Posted by zoki83 View Post
    Guys keep your eyes out for Melbourne in terms of chronic SCI research. Here we now have Dr. Davies and his team at the Florey, along with the work that StepAhead is doing (I am actually on the board of that organisation). It will be interesting to watch the competition between these two groups. As for the people that have all of a sudden think that Decorin does not work, all I will say is that Dr.Davies main focus right now is on his Decorin work, and if people have seen his result with astrocytes, you only need to think a little logically to figure out why he is focusing on something else when astrocytes showed such good results! I can't say anything else...

Zoki, a question ...I have been following stepaheads website for years, still periodically checking it but there hasn't been much updated info on that site for years and for the "current research projects" pages: the dates for completion have all came and went with no news...I get their e-newsletter but their website is horribly neglected. Can anything be done about that?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Looks like Australia will be the new chronic sci research mecca.
    You are being facetious?

Yes, I guess so. To spell it out again...people here donated a great deal of money thinking a chronic rat experiment was going to take place for proof in principal of a therapy and in nearly 8 years from this thread inception it never did. Davies now relocates and winds up in the land down under where Giles Plant has left to come to Stanford and reported on the efficacy of Decorin a year and half ago. In this latest study, Dr. Giles Plant of Stanford showed Decorin infusion did improve tissue sparing, reduced spinal tissue cavitation and increased transplanted cell survivability as compared to controls... but disappointing were the results that showed Decorin did NOT increase axonal outgrowth from that achieved by human bone marrow stromal cells. (That's not good news for those awaiting a chronic therapy containing Decorin.) I highly doubt it will suddenly become a great interest for a "chronic" therapy given those results. The Aussie's spent $936,000 over 3 years for that project.

If it held more promise this past decade there would be more than two labs (1 patent holder doing tiny cuts on acute model experiments & one doing un-replicated student projects for chronic showing this protein has restricted effects on the promotion of axon growth and would require other combined NTF treatments). We have yet to ever see a Davies "chronic" lab experiment, but maybe they'll see it suddenly happen in Australia (it's just that we never saw it happening in the USA). It'll take more than a lab relocation package to get me excited about a Decorin therapy for chronic. I think the whole Decorin piece was overblown and I'm doubtful at this point that anything will ever come of it (therapy wise) from Australia or the UK either one... http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23867131
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-16-2015 at 02:18 PM.

Thank you so kindly for giving me such an insight into the work that has been done! I apologise for posting such nonsense, as how could I be stupid enough to give a very little insight into what is happening down here (thats if anything at all is happening, since it is not in the mighty USA!) After this post I will ban myself from this forum simply because I post utter stupidity! Goodluck to all and all the best!

And Giles Plant of Stanford? I never knew he went back A SECOND TIME? When did this happen? Lol

And Giles Plant of Stanford? I never knew he went back A SECOND TIME? When did this happen? Lol
    Yes, Lol for sure. Here's your sign.

(Current Research) Project 1 Completion: November, 2010 (50 months ago)

Giles Plant Laboratory Stanford School of Medicine: Neurosurgery

Quote Originally Posted by GRAMMY View Post
    Yes, I guess so. To spell it out again...people here donated a great deal of money thinking a chronic rat experiment was going to take place for proof in principal of a therapy and in nearly 8 years from this thread inception it never did.
    Do you think people would have the right to ask to get thier money back?

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Thank you so kindly for giving me such an insight into the work that has been done! I apologise for posting such nonsense, as how could I be stupid enough to give a very little insight into what is happening down here (thats if anything at all is happening, since it is not in the mighty USA!) After this post I will ban myself from this forum simply because I post utter stupidity! Goodluck to all and all the best!

I think I know how you feel. LOL!

Paolo
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo
    No. Donations, gifts and contributions were made without strings being attached. There was no binding agreements. And why not pose your customer service question to zoki83 since they just announced that you are getting what you donated money for down in Australia?

Zoki83 knows how you feel and could surely check out how the extended warranty cards read at Foley for you. She's wanting to post here about the new competition between StepAhead and the Foley group with Davies leading the way on a Decorin sci therapy. (It's not about guarantees on your donated money to Davies from long ago Paolo. Isn't it about time to finally let those pennies go or must you always thrive on revenge and hatred for the world?) Get over it already.

Last edited by GRAMMY; 01-20-2015 at 02:36 AM.

I would imagine they spent the money

Quote Originally Posted by paolocipolla View Post

Paolo