Thread: Stephen Davies Update

all about getting money and keeping your job.
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by Susan
    Definitely chronics.
    Would you please post the link to his chronic publication. I must have missed it. Thank you.

she got nothing
    oh well

Quote Originally Posted by nrf View Post
    the problem with donating money to Davies, as you state, is that research assistants work 2 months for $10,000.00 but a year costs $100,000.00. no wonder they can't figure out a cure.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to confuse you. I did jump around a bit. A post-grad research assistant might make $50,000 in salary. But when you factor in the overhead, benefits, lab equipment, and so forth, you are looking at least $100,000 a year to hire a post-grad for a year who can actually accomplish something.

But chip in whatever you have. It all helps.

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    all about getting money and keeping your job.
    Yeah, it's a liberal plot. That's all Dr. Davies really cares about -- getting money and keeping his job.

FAIL.

Go to W2W, listen to him, meet him, talk to him, then come back and apologize to us all.

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Would you please post the link to his chronic publication. I must have missed it. Thank you.
    Schmeky, you're better than that. I'm sorry for whatever you're going through. We're all going through a lot, and it sucks.

But here's the thing. Everybody who has spent time with Dr. Davies comes away feeling like he is our best shot. So either he makes a really wicked Kool-Ade or else, just maybe, he's on to something.

Quote Originally Posted by kenf View Post
    she got nothing
    Were you really expecting Dr. Davies to give Susan pre-publication copies of his paper?

Even liberals don't get that kind of special treatment from government workers.

Blog Entries
    charles hanson,

i have no personal beef with dr. davies, i just can't get behind a lab that says we're doing really great things we can't tell you about so send money. it feels a little like drinking "Kool-Ade" to me. i sure hope i'm wrong!

Kinda like some Jim Jones Kool-aid..
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Charles Hansen, don't let these burn you up. It's the same thing over and over again and they will never get it.

They are couch warriors, that's all.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)