Page 102 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2529293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110111112 ... LastLast
Results 1,011 to 1,020 of 1442

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Quote Originally Posted by Schmeky View Post
    Since he has attended prior events, does this mean all his prior predictions and claims concerning adoption of clinical trials should be ignored?

Does it only concern me that his research is still focused only acute injuries?
    Have you tried to contact him?

I remember donating to the fund for your trip to his lab years ago. Looking back, that was probably my first act of advocacy. : ) I think if you are sincerely interested in his work, you should have stayed in contact with him over the last several years. He has made himself available to discuss his research numerous times.

I have no doubt the goal of his research team is to treat acute and chronic SCIs with a combination therapy.
    "Our lives begin to end the day
    we become silent about things that matter."
    - Martin Luther King Jr

Jim, my intention is not for harrasment. I'm trying to focus in on what is truly important for us. We need to focus on what is next. If we act as a unit and let Davies know we are with him and want an action timeline. I think that is appropriate and good.

keeping on

Dr. Stephen Davies is definately one of the serious front runners working on a cure for chronic SCI. We don't have a research scientist yet that has crossed the finished line with the perfect combination therapy. Each one of the most "viable" therapies discussed here at carecure are at different stages of development / testing / replication / and review.

The 3 common factors are:

Funds are needed to keep the labs open for extensive testing and new discoveries.
    Time is needed for replication, reviews, FDA approval and clinical trials.
    Advocacy and awareness are critical in making paralysis a thing of the past.

If you can help the serious researchers with any of these things or even just one...that's where progress is made!

Donate or raise funds when you can for a research project.
    Stay informed and knowledgeable of the science progression and discovery. Provide positive public advocacy for additional SCI care and cures.

It takes a united community working together to make it happen.
    If you're not part of the solution, then you're part of the problem.
    http://www.cufund.org/giving-opportu...ption/?id=3485
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-10-2011 at 12:24 AM.

I think it’s fair to say that Dr Davies is more than aware of ‘what we want’. I would wager that’s one of the main reasons he chooses to primarily focus on the task at hand, rather than spending precious time attempting to appease the naysayers and pessimists on this forum. And why isn’t the same blow-by-blow being asked of other Researchers also?? It’s in danger of becoming unreasonable. Dr Davies has already assured the Carecure community that his chronic work is ongoing, so why is it being called into question yet again? Each milestone reached along the way should be applauded, not shot down in flames or rendered inapplicable. We need to think about the broader picture here.

Yes, misdirected frustrations are understandable to a degree – after all, we’re champing at the bit for concrete evidence proving we weren’t foolish to believe we'll get out of this hellish situation. Allowing said frustrations to influence the expectations we’re placing won’t get us to that point any quicker though. If I were a Researcher, I would be reluctant to post further if that was the sort of reception I could expect. Yes there needs to be accountability, and it's always a boost to hear about progress 'from the horse's mouth' so to speak. What’s sad however, is that even when this does occur, it would seem it’s still not enough for many people...

Maybe we could cut the guy some slack once in a while?!

Where do we donate to Dr Davies, now that he is not at Baylor anymore? (And a thank-you for the shout-out to CareCurians.)
    Roses are red. Tacos are enjoyable. Don't blame immigrants, because you're unemployable.

T-11 Flaccid Paraplegic due to TM July 1985 @ age 12

Link for donations to Dr. Stephen Davies Research Lab

Quote Originally Posted by lynnifer View Post
    Where do we donate to Dr Davies, now that he is not at Baylor anymore? (And a thank-you for the shout-out to CareCurians.)

http://www.cufund.org/giving-opportu...ption/?id=3485

There is also contact information here if you have questions about your donation procedure. It's nice to be able to make easy online donations! Donations through this link go straight into Dr. Davies research lab.

I believe his time is better spent in the lab rather than trying to raise funds to keep the lab work going. Sending an online donation for his work is part of the solution.
    Last edited by GRAMMY; 03-10-2011 at 12:17 AM.

Since he has attended prior events, does this mean all his prior predictions and claims concerning adoption of clinical trials should be ignored?

Does it only concern me that his research is still focused only acute injuries?
    Relax, you are famous, you are citet. Great job buddy!

Quote Originally Posted by Lief
    Relax, you are famous, you are citet
    Don't know what this means. All I know is Davies will most likely be in the lab for some time translating his latest paper to real world/contusion injuries.

I respect his research, but it should be obvious he is not close to initiating any type of trial soon. So you can "citet" this where ever you want, buddy.

Don't know what this means. All I know is Davies will most likely be in the lab for some time translating his latest paper to real world/contusion injuries.

I respect his research, but it should be obvious he is not close to initiating any type of trial soon. So you can "citet" this where ever you want, buddy.
    Hey buddy, none objections from this corner as such on this, just saying, check youre own posts and check out the science, like in this thread above, for example Davies is working for science, and hopefully sci cures, down the road. David (shemecky) you are whining like a spoiled kid, like the many complainers, for example the Canadians supporting a dictator ruling sci organization system where a foundation, not based on democracy and elections, but a system of privates position themselves to get the most sci funding from Canada, without a foundation doing any except hiring their wife’s and friends into such foundations. Canadians accept this breach of a bottleneck, but prosper for a brighter future, they think, and many does short term, especially the hired ones in such a system -but many in this world today, fight back against such systems. Why doesn’t more do, ask questions and fight back? Like why does Canadians accept huge government money go towards a family operated organization, where none Canadians has real impact on the operational day to day business, where none rise a finger up, as for concern, except if others point out such for provoking discussions, but even then, Canadians argue back to put that finger level, and name all idiots, all accepted by most Canadians? Are Canadians brainwashed? Input on this is appreciated.

One example of this Canadian ‘’voluntary RH system’ is; none Canadians (although how close to the US for example) will not ever have any chances to go to any W2W or ISCoS as a group, or for that matter any sci conferences worldwide, due to the facts I list above here.

I personally think sci Canadians more should go, but when I or others are pointing out such as hinting above, -pepper are thrown in return.