Thread: Stephen Davies Update

  1. #1101
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    "Terrific stuff" doesnt sound exactly like a ray of hope
    Yep, it sounds much better to me too and I hope it will turn out like it sounds to me..
    In God we trust; all others bring data. - Edwards Deming

  2. #1102
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    why even post that you spoke with him and not share what he said? were you sworn to secrecy, if you were then just say so otherwise please share, please.
    I guess I opened a can of worms. I'm sorry. Impulsively reacted to the negative posts about Dr. Davies work that I think are unwarranted. His timeframes may be off, but, his progress continues. I'm not at liberty to share unpublished data.

  3. #1103
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    "Terrific stuff" doesnt sound exactly like a ray of hope
    Talk to him and decide for yourself, C.

  4. #1104
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I guess I opened a can of worms. I'm sorry. Impulsively reacted to the negative posts about Dr. Davies work that I think are unwarranted. His timeframes may be off, but, his progress continues. I'm not at liberty to share unpublished data.
    Thank you Susan,

    I was bashing or meant to sound difficult. Please understand that i'm desperate for something from a respected scientists like Dr Davies, Dr Young, Dr Kierstadt and or others. I have lived with a sci for 21+ years and the toll on my body has been very harsh not to mention the mental toll. I'm 41 yrs old now and lose a little more hope everyday.
    Will i ever get a break from the extreme pain that there 24/7 365?
    Will I ever get a good night rest ever again?
    Will i ever get a little more bladder control?
    Am I donating to a lab that want produce anything within my lifetime?
    Will i ever get to find a mate and find out what love is all about?

    There are so many other issues that one has to deal with on a dailey basis, i'm just looking for something to keep me going.

    I'm fraustrated! i live in texas where its been well over 100 for over a month now and when you dont have the ability to sweat it gets a bit rough. i'm getting cabin fever, always grouchy oh well i'll just stop there, i'm starting to whine now...................................
    "I'm manic as hell-
    But I'm goin' strong-
    Left my meds on the sink again-
    My head will be racing by lunchtime"

    <----Scott Weiland---->

  5. #1105
    Quote Originally Posted by ineedmyelin View Post
    Thank you Susan,

    I was bashing or meant to sound difficult. Please understand that i'm desperate for something from a respected scientists like Dr Davies, Dr Young, Dr Kierstadt and or others. I have lived with a sci for 21+ years and the toll on my body has been very harsh not to mention the mental toll. I'm 41 yrs old now and lose a little more hope everyday.
    Will i ever get a break from the extreme pain that there 24/7 365?
    Will I ever get a good night rest ever again?
    Will i ever get a little more bladder control?
    Am I donating to a lab that want produce anything within my lifetime?
    Will i ever get to find a mate and find out what love is all about?

    There are so many other issues that one has to deal with on a dailey basis, i'm just looking for something to keep me going.

    I'm fraustrated! i live in texas where its been well over 100 for over a month now and when you dont have the ability to sweat it gets a bit rough. i'm getting cabin fever, always grouchy oh well i'll just stop there, i'm starting to whine now...................................
    I completely understand. I have a c-4 injury myself, 11 years now and I'll soon turn 48. It flat out sucks and it's hard to be patient.

  6. #1106
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by Susan M View Post
    I guess I opened a can of worms. I'm sorry. Impulsively reacted to the negative posts about Dr. Davies work that I think are unwarranted. His timeframes may be off, but, his progress continues. I'm not at liberty to share unpublished data.

    Can you at least say if his current work is aimed at chronics or acutes?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  7. #1107
    Senior Member 0xSquidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Barcelona (Spain)
    Posts
    1,072
    Quote Originally Posted by Isildur View Post
    "Terrific stuff" doesnt sound exactly like a ray of hope
    I think Isildur wasn't being critic about this in that post, just a language issue. He's spanish same as me, and in spanish, the english word "terrific" is very similar to the word we use to describe bad things. The opposite Susan meant.
    It's an english "false friend".

    That's what I think he thought, just guessing, sorry if i'm wrong.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

    Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

    http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

  8. #1108
    Senior Member KIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Piedralaves (Avila) SPAIN
    Posts
    1,017
    So the thing is bash Dr. Davies.

  9. #1109
    Senior Member lunasicc42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Lutz, Fl USA*********C456
    Posts
    2,384
    Quote Originally Posted by KIM View Post
    So the thing is bash Dr. Davies.
    why did you come up with that?
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

    "what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "


    2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  10. #1110
    Sorry if the smilie give you a wrong view of my words Susan. With my post i tried to say that terrific is something totally different in my book than a ray of hope. I mean, to me ray of hope are like the kind of things we read almost every day in vague journalist reports, the eternal maybe some day... and stuff like that. On the other hand terrific stuff sound like something to turn heads around, the kind of thing we are really expecting from the research field, no? im wrong?

    PD-Tengo que dejar de usar caritas tan a menudo Ox.
    -Ramps in buildings are necessary, but it would be usefull to have another ones for people (mind/heart).....

    -Hoc non pereo habebo fortior me

Similar Threads

  1. Stephen Davies Lab Report
    By Schmeky in forum Cure
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 03:55 AM
  2. Quackwatch Update
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
  3. Did you contribute to Dr. Davies?
    By litespeed4 in forum Cure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
  4. NABR Update
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:28 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •