Page 100 of 145 FirstFirst ... 5090919293949596979899100101102103104105106107108109110 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 1442

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Grammy. looks and sounds good. Where can we go to fllow th eprogression of this test. Do we know what the next exact step is in pursuing human trials?

keeping on

This is good news indeed. Hopefully by 2017 he will publish results of this therapy in a transected chronic injury model and by 2023 in the chronic contusion model.

Quote Originally Posted by quadfather View Post
    This is good news indeed. Hopefully by 2017 he will publish results of this therapy in a transected chronic injury model and by 2023 in the chronic contusion model.
    Admittedly we're all impatient here. From what I can tell Davies submitted his paper a few years ago and the latency is down to the peer review process. Rather than him chilling on a beach somewhere drinking mojitos waiting for the outcome I have no doubt he has been working tirelessly to translate the science published in his paper to clinical trials.

I dont think Stephen Davies is one of the scientists that think the job is done at the publication of their paper - he is trying his hardest to get a therapy to humans. I get the feeling that like Wise, he may look to other domiciles to execute trials - say SCINetChina or SCINetIndia even. We need more scientists like him in my opinion.

Maybe we should be directing our fire to the beaurocracy of the process (peer review & FDA) rather than the individuals adhering to it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post
    Admittedly we're all impatient here. From what I can tell Davies submitted his paper a few years ago and the latency is down to the peer review process. Rather than him chilling on a beach somewhere drinking mojitos waiting for the outcome I have no doubt he has been working tirelessly to translate the science published in his paper to clinical trials.

I dont think Stephen Davies is one of the scientists that think the job is done at the publication of their paper - he is trying his hardest to get a therapy to humans. I get the feeling that like Wise, he may look to other domiciles to execute trials - say SCINetChina or SCINetIndia even. We need more scientists like him in my opinion.

Maybe we should be directing our fire to the beaurocracy of the process (peer review & FDA) rather than the individuals adhering to it.
    I talked to him for like two hours while having dinner (thanks to Working2Walk) and I agree with you.
    Don't ask what clinical trials can do for you, ask what you can do for clinical trials.

Fenexy: Proyecto Volver a Caminar

http://www.fenexy.org (soon in english too)

Fly and Oxy, good posts. the more I read about him and the videos I see, the more believable he becomes. We're all impateint and need to see clinical trials come to bear and th reeults to be favorable. thanks guys for the posts.

keeping on

Quote Originally Posted by Fly_Pelican_Fly View Post

You are absolutely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Publication
    With these results, the Proschel and Davies teams are moving forward on the necessary next steps before they can implement the approach in humans, including testing the transplanted human astrocytes in different injury models that resemble severe, complex human spinal cord injuries at early and late stages after injury
    This will take "X" number of years, therefore clinical trails will not happen soon.

What's a clinical trail? I know what a clinical trial it, but have yet to figure out the trail part.
    Donnie: Dr. Xiao, What are your thoughts on a cure/combination therapy for SCI's??
    CG Xiao: Donnie, I don't want to disappoint you, but I think it is impossible to restore the continuity of the cord or "bridge the gap" in the near future, let's say: 50 years. Dr Wise Young has been my most respected scientist in SCI. He has dedicated and contributed to SCI no other can match.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    Hey guys, listen. Somethings gotta give here. Believe me I've been known to criticize Dr. D's lack of sharing results and posts. However though, why would somebody get our hopes up and just blatantly ignore us? I met with him, spoke with him, and even went to see him at working to walk, and I think he's a really sincere guy. I think his reasons for the hush-hush is really valid. Think about it, in the past he clearly said it worked on acute injuries and not chronics, but said he was working on the chronic injury. If it was not working, he'd say it still doesn't work like he said before. So it gotta be something other than just no progress. See what I mean? Why else would he be worried about being published and stuff? Who really would publish work that had no results? The acute stuff has already been published and talked about, so it has to be something big dealing with chronic injuries. Why would he make us wait in suspense just to say, ha ha made you wait and its nothing! It doesn't even make sense. Now this is coming from a guy who has no patience at all, but the only thing that makes me have some peace of mind, is thinking its all gonna be worth it. And furthermore, what jackass would publish anything that had nothing to say? If I'm wrong, then I'm the worlds biggest jackass. Lets just hope and pray I'm not. until then, may the force be with us.
    Hey, Han! Good to hear from you. I've stayed away from the forums for a long time, but was pleasantly surprised to read your post when I "tuned" back in.

Quote Originally Posted by Han Solo View Post
    I hope this isnt the big news we been waiting on.
    Well it's actually pretty big news. This is the next "brick in the wall". Dr. Davies has shown that human GDA-BMP cells have an even more beneficial effect than the rat cells do.

Now to me, this is pretty strange stuff. I wouldn't think that you could take stem cells across species and get them to work at all. But it does, and the good news is that is one step closer to getting FDA approval for human trials.

Is this the "big news" that Dr. Davies was hinting at to you? I don't know. I haven't spoken with him for many months. But last summer I had the impression that he was working on several papers at once.

Much of the publishing process is apparently political. For example, a "big" discovery is worthy of being published in one of the "big" journals, such as Nature. But the "bigger" the journal, the longer the review process. So he was also considering some of the "smaller" journals in order to speed up the entire process (vide the title of the journal in which he recently published -- "PLoS One - accelerating the publication of peer-reviewed science").

The bottom line is that I think he still has a few tricks up his sleeve and that we will see some more papers in the coming months. As others have noted, the delays are out of Dr. Davies' hands.

May the force be with you!