Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Wow, Schmeky!

That's a pretty harsh condemnation. I have no desire to start an online argument with you (or anyone else) on this forum. Let's just say that I would be disappointed if this thread is removed as a "sticky".

At the very least Dr. Davies is doing important research that is helping to solve the problem of SCI's. As a "sticky" it is there for everyone to read and judge for themselves the merits (or lack thereof) of Dr. Davies' work. If it removed as a sticky, it will essentially disappear into the quagmire of threads and people won't have a chance to make up their own minds as to the question of if deserves their support or not.

I'm glad that we have moderators to make those decisions for us. Hope you are doing well, and if not that you will be doing better soon.

Warm regards,
    Charlie

charles,

But if it is removed as a sticky and still remains near the top, it would be because it actually deserves to be upheld.
    If it's sticky status is taken away and the thread falls into oblivion, it's only because it Honestly deserves it, one way or another

It shouldnt be upheld without merit or community backing
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

Given the number of posts that are still being made in this topic, my conclusion is that it is still "active" and probably should be maintained as a sticky. If people don't want to read it, they don't have to click on it or post in it. If it settles down to the bottom of the stickies for a while, we may let it go the way of all posts.

Wise.

There is a ground swell of frustration regarding decorin not being brought to clinical trials. Many feel betrayed based upon the way Dr. Davies bloviated in regards to how promising his work was. Now decorin has been abandoned as not only in his research but as far as moving into a clinical trial. SCI victims have been duped too many times with words like "promising" and "may lead to a cure". For over 30 years the same story. Perhaps the fault is in the need to promote your work to get funded and have a job verses the reality that research it's self is just an hypothesis, an experiment and an interpretation of the results.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

Quote Originally Posted by jhope View Post
    There is a ground swell of frustration regarding decorin not being brought to clinical trials. Many feel betrayed based upon the way Dr. Davies bloviated in regards to how promising his work was. Now decorin has been abandoned as not only in his research but as far as moving into a clinical trial. SCI victims have been duped too many times with words like "promising" and "may lead to a cure". For over 30 years the same story. Perhaps the fault is in the need to promote your work to get funded and have a job verses the reality that research it's self is just an hypothesis, an experiment and an interpretation of the results.
    Decorin has not been abandoned.

Quote Originally Posted by capt'n mark View Post
    Decorin has not been abandoned.
    Well it certainly is not seen as a popular consensus toward more research nor even a clinical trial.
    Han: "We are all ready to win, just as we are born knowing only life. It is defeat that you must learn to prepare for"

i see this as the same thing mp did when a few years ago they made thier big announcment but couldn't back it up with repucation in another lab,

they won't do that again

nor will dr. davies

maybe i'm being to soft but how frustrating that must be, all those years of work
    http://justadollarplease.org/

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member

"You kids and your cures, why back when I was injured they gave us a wheelchair and that's the way it was and we liked it!" Grumpy Old Man

.."i used to be able to goof around so much because i knew Superman had my back. now all i've got is his example -- and that's gonna have to be enough."

Quote Originally Posted by Davies
    The chronic SCI experiments we are currently conducting are in large part made possible by donations from CC
    Post #562 on 1/15/2009. The last constructive post by Davies. This was nearly 3 years ago. Safe to say he's not going to provide any information to the constituents that funded part of his research.

I vote to close.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo View Post
    i see this as the same thing mp did when a few years ago they made thier big announcment but couldn't back it up with repucation in another lab
    Please excuse my ignorance, but who is "MP"?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Charles Hansen View Post
    Please excuse my ignorance, but who is "MP"?

Thanks.
    Miami Project