Page 75 of 145 FirstFirst ... 25656667686970717273747576777879808182838485125 ... LastLast

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

Thumbs up Count me in !!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CareCureGirl View Post
    Khmorgan, yes I agree with you. A GREAT point. Collectively there ARE more people suffering from SCI and neurological pain. Let's stop giving excuses and get motivated!!!!

I personally have given Dr. Davies over $6000 so far, and will ABSOLUTELY give more.
    I tried to put aside a little each month. I know it is a small contribution in the grand scheme of things, but I try my best.
    I realize if we are going to make things go faster we need LARGE contributors. I am saddened by the fact that not one person on CC Forums has responded to my idea, with "Sure, I will try it in my area", especially those of us in large cities.

You are right, KH, it is easy to sit back and do nothing but complain about why Dr. Davies has not posted or why more people have AIDS. Let's TRY something in the interim people!!!!! C'mon let's O*R*G*A*N*I*Z*E

Where are my famous posters??? Susan M? Schmeky? Charles Hansen? Alipur? Let's try!!!! Each of us in our own cities!!!!

Trust me, I have HORRIBLE neurological pain, and I am SO tempted to lay in bed with pain medicine and twinkies .....BUT LET'S FIGHT!!!!!!

Do I have ANY volunteers????

Each of us can call activist organizations in our own cities and see if this research can get any financial help...we can also seek support from OTHER charitable people or organizations. Let's each come up with an idea in our own cities!!!!!

C'mon....
    YES WE CAN ! I'm from a small town in central TX so if theres anyone in my area that would like to exchange ideas as far as raising money please let me know. I'm a huge fan of Dr Davies and Dr Young and the research their labs are working on.

Vic

Paolo, Jim, JHorn, and INeedM,

Thank you so much for responding!!!! Each of you please PM me, if you do not wish to post here...Let's exchange contact info and get things rolling!!!!!!!!(No pun intended) WE WILL ORGANIZE !!!!!! T shirts are a GREAT suggestion!

C'mon people!!!!!! Contact each of us!!!!! WE NEED YOUR HELP!!! YOU NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
    Last edited by CareCureGirl; 09-27-2009 at 07:55 PM. Reason: spelling

P.S.

I believe ONE suggestion..... is that each of us should find out who major contributors are to health related charities in each of our areas....

(Check with local hospitals and organizations for neurological disorders...read the society sections in newspapers for information on fundraising events that have taken place...see who the contributors are...Do research on the internet)

We should contact each of these people and/or organizations with our presentations on Dr. Davies work and WHY it could impact the health and quality of life for SO MANY people...NOW AND IN THE FUTURE...

Let's research the numbers as KH did....Let's ALL TRY each one of us to get funding...in EACH area we live in!!!!

AND REMIND ALL THAT THEIR DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTABLE !!!!!!

PM me so that we can each contribute our own ideas!!!!!!

WE CAN DO THIS!!!!
    Last edited by CareCureGirl; 09-27-2009 at 09:19 PM. Reason: addition to post

Quote Originally Posted by CareCureGirl View Post
    AND REMIND ALL THAT THEIR DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTABLE !!!!!!

PM me so that we can each contribute our own ideas!!!!!!
    Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Some charities may not want to invest in the work of a single researcher like Dr. Davies. They might prefer to donate to a well known charity like the Christopher Reeve Foundation (CRF). That's fine because the CRF supports Dr. Davies' research.
    2. Many large companies match the gifts of their employees to hospitals and schools, but not to general charities. In that case, a gift to Dr. Davies via University of Colorado is matched whereas a gift to CRF is not.
    Last edited by khmorgan; 09-29-2009 at 05:30 PM. Reason: Typo

Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Just a couple of thoughts:

1. Some charities may not want to invest in the work of a single researcher like Dr. Davies. They might prefer to donate to a well known charity like the Christopher Reeve Foundation (CRF). That's find because the CRF supports Dr. Davies' research.
    2. Many large companies match the gifts of their employees to hospitals and schools, but not to general charities. In that case, a gift to Dr. Davies via University of Colorado is matched whereas a gift to CRF is not.
    Very true khmorgan, we have attracted a few donors because Rutgers University Foundation is the recipient of donations made to JustADollarPlease.

Great energy, everyone. Here's a link to the Fundraiser Toolkit recently produced by Unite 2 Fight Paralysis, it has something for everyone:

http://unite2fightparalysis.org/fundraising_toolkit

disclosure: I am a U2FP co-founder and board member

Susan

Quote Originally Posted by jhorn4012 View Post
    Has anyone looked into a local artist to make some t-shirts w/logo for SCINetUSA? Checkout Life Rolls On's site for all the merch. they have on their site. When my daughter goes to small band venues they are always selling some type of merch.
    This is good as LRO just merged with the CRF so whatever money they raise goes to the CRF.

Davies Speaking at SCI Recovery Project Fundraiser!

Hello Everyone,
    The SCI Recovery Project in Denver CO. will be holding it's first annual fundraiser on November 6th at 7pm at the Lemay auto museum in Lakewood, CO. Dr Davies will be a guest speaker at the event giving a short presentation. Event tickets are $50 each, proceeds are being used to support the SCI Recovery Project a 501c3 exercise based recovery program purchase new equipment. See our website to purchase tickets or for more details.
    www.scirecoveryproject.com

How did the fundraiser go, scitrainer? How was Dr. Davies's presentation? Just wondering what is up with his research and paper.

me too
    "That's not smog! It's SMUG!! " - randy marsh, southpark

"what???? , you don't 'all' wear a poop sac?.... DAMNIT BONNIE, YOU LIED TO ME ABOUT THE POOP SAC!!!! "

2010 SCINet Clinical Trial Support Squad Member
    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature