Page 86 of 145 FirstFirst ... 36767778798081828384858687888990919293949596136 ... LastLast
Results 851 to 860 of 1442

Thread: Stephen Davies Update

  1. #851
    Senior Member khmorgan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Florida
    Posts
    366
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherry View Post
    I had an email today asking me why my posts here seem to indicate that I'm putting 'all my eggs in one basket' with regard to my speaking quite often about supporting Dr Davies research. Just to clarify, as a spinally injured person eagerly awaiting an effective therapy for my condition, it would be foolish not to keep an open mind about all research avenues. Having said this, after numerous years of personal research, I feel Dr Davies approach is going to bear the most fruit and within the most favourable timeframe. For these reasons, his lab has my financial backing, and he very much remains my frontrunner in this race.
    Of course, you should give to whatever group you like. However, you might consider what Dr. Young said in http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpos...83&postcount=7 . The first successful treatment will likely unleash corporate funding for all treatments. So, it could actually help Dr. Davies funding if Dr. Young's clinical trials were successful. A rising tide lifts all boats.

  2. #852
    Senior Member KIM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2001
    Location
    Piedralaves (Avila) SPAIN
    Posts
    1,017

  3. #853
    Quote Originally Posted by khmorgan View Post
    Of course, you should give to whatever group you like. However, you might consider what Dr. Young said in http://sci.rutgers.edu/forum/showpost.php?p=1178883&postcount=7 . The first successful treatment will likely unleash corporate funding for all treatments. So, it could actually help Dr. Davies funding if Dr. Young's clinical trials were successful. A rising tide lifts all boats.
    Again, we would be sensible to keep an open mind, but after a few years in this 'game', I've personally chosen to now finite any support rather than fragment it. Individually I am of course a drop in the ocean, but I feel that the less diluted this support is, the harder hitting it may be. For me, and certainly for now, it will go to Dr Davies and his team. I respect Dr Young's goals and I hope he's getting some fantastic support to push this through. Ultimately, any approach requires the funding tank to be kept topped up, and each must rely on supporters coming to their own conclusions about where they feel the most merit lies.

    Quote Originally Posted by keeping on View Post
    Cherry, we as a group must all follow all dorections for some therapy that might improve our lives. There is alot of scattered paths being discussed. We need to follow, as you say those that offer hope and hopefully results. If a path yields results , we all will be folllowing that path and anxiously await treatment. The important point is that when we see results and commitment, we can all focus on that path and leave some of this --it behind.
    Agreed. Some need more convincing than others about where best to place hope, and of course where to direct their money. Where such an important and sensitive subject is concerned, that is entirely understandable, each perspective is unique. I personally feel that the science speaks for itself at this stage, and for those who indeed do warrant further evidence, unfortunately the age old adage of 'patience is a virtue' rings true. I know that's not what many of us want to hear, but in the words of Ivanna Trump 'It is what it is'. For what it's worth, my confidence has never waned and we certainly will leave this bs behind!

  4. #854

    question about bruised spinal cords

    Do bruised or contused spinal cords, resulting in an incomplete spinal cord injury, develop a scar that might respond to Decorin? It seems that Dr. Davies stabs his rats' spinal cords. I hope somebody can help me. My contusion happened at C3/4, I use a walker a bit, a scooter with a lift usually because of spasticity, have normal sensation and no pain, and take no meds because of great health. I did respond to 4AP fairly well years ago. Thanks for any comments!

    Jan

  5. #855
    Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    Do bruised or contused spinal cords, resulting in an incomplete spinal cord injury, develop a scar that might respond to Decorin? It seems that Dr. Davies stabs his rats' spinal cords. I hope somebody can help me. My contusion happened at C3/4, I use a walker a bit, a scooter with a lift usually because of spasticity, have normal sensation and no pain, and take no meds because of great health. I did respond to 4AP fairly well years ago. Thanks for any comments!

    Jan
    Contused cords do produce astroglial scars, so decorin should work—assuming it's proven effective in humans.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  6. #856

    thanks for reply

    I've heard of a gel with decorin called kitoscell, in mexico. Maybe I'll try it or something similar. Can't hurt.

  7. #857

    about kitoscell

    kitoscell is only for skin scars only,don't try it.

  8. #858
    Quote Originally Posted by FellowHawkeye View Post
    I've heard of a gel with decorin called kitoscell, in mexico. Maybe I'll try it or something similar. Can't hurt.
    I would definitely advise against that. It could do worse than hurt.
    ...it's worse than we thought. it turns out the people at the white house are not secret muslims, they're nerds.

  9. #859
    Come on Dr. Davies dont stay behind, what`s up with you ? i hoop soon too hear from you too as well
    keep (rolling) Walking

    Please join me and donate a dollar a day at http://justadollarplease.org and copy and paste this message to the bottom of your signature

  10. #860
    Senior Member Schmeky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    West Monroe, LA, USA
    Posts
    3,416
    Quote Originally Posted by Davies
    When our new data is published this year - no one except maybe my scientific competitors (some of whom I'm told read my posts on this forum) are going to be disappointed.
    Davies last response on 2-28-10.

Similar Threads

  1. Stephen Davies Lab Report
    By Schmeky in forum Cure
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 11-18-2008, 03:55 AM
  2. Quackwatch Update
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 09-18-2007, 03:42 PM
  3. Did you contribute to Dr. Davies?
    By litespeed4 in forum Cure
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 07-27-2006, 12:08 PM
  4. NABR Update
    By Wise Young in forum Cure
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-13-2003, 01:28 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-24-2002, 05:37 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •